Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Whilst in Lidl today I spotted lots of empty tubes from their fruit and veg poly bags, which I rescued.

These are just the right size for TTS 28mm round speakers. They can be sliced to length to suit the installation.

Other stores may have similar.

Rob

/media/tinymce_upload/e2ad38066d1f4290343740622ddd8d83.jpg

@Rob...........that's a rather large sound box, what scale locos are you running???....... 😆

Have you actually got a Lidl in Moni?.........HB

We have 3 x Lidls in Limassol - extremely popular as their fresh produce keeps well and most stuff is competitively priced versus local hypermarkets (Greek for biggish shops).

We also get many Tesco brands imported by the local Alpha-Mega chain.

I was thinking a speaker in each end of the tube sitting on a long flat wagon - boom box style.

Rob

I mentioned I wasn't too happy with the cylinder draincocks on my Flying Scotsman - I purchased the 'other option' ones - arrived today, again thanks to Peters - and also received the various packs which made up much of the missing accessory packs missing and never supplied with my 'new' N15.

I actually purchased a pack said to be for the S15, but I guessed (correctly it appears) the are the same or near as.

I had found a pack which included the steps but for an SR variant - sprayed black for this model, then I trimmed down the minimum necessary to permit the front bogie to turn more than 7th radius corners!!

/media/tinymce_upload/7dc3e817412d10cfce5aa48885822466.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/c59d205f4b5f58e9aab8fad73acf1d00.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/0440a8ab058c84a0ee843d7baa2ae5c9.jpg

Al.

Nudging off topic a tad but can anyone tell me why the cylinder drain cock pipes need to be that shape and length. I would have thought a simple stub pipe pointing under the loco frame would have been just as effective in dispersing steam blow down

Rob

Made a few more 'sales' on an auction site of older R/Control gear, so I've purchased a few 'industrial' J94's - always coming across them whichever preserved site I've visited over the years.

Broken the trend with a 'just had to' as well - bought a Freightliner Bachmann Class 66 - just love the Bachmann diesels - detail, weight and power!!

Photos to follow as/when received.

Al.

Made a few more 'sales' on an auction site of older R/Control gear, so I've purchased a few 'industrial' J94's - always coming across them whichever preserved site I've visited over the years.

Broken the trend with a 'just had to' as well - bought a Freightliner Bachmann Class 66 - just love the Bachmann diesels - detail, weight and power!!

Photos to follow as/when received.

BR weathered black J94 I already had.

First 2 (of 3) 'industrial' J94's arrived today - very pleased with the look:

/media/tinymce_upload/c9d51fca2622a15e27b1284076450a51.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/0889207ab9dec9fff6f4d2fb75bd6fc9.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/6c3b828986048377e1de80a41d08eaa3.jpg

Al.

Very splendid indeed, Al. These J-94  0-6-0 industrials are among my favourites as they speak of the distant past and are easy to place on the rail and tolerant of tight curves. I believe LC&DR' with his vast collection of locos, also likes 0-6-0's very much.  I have only "Cadley Hill No. 1" in green and crimson livery so far but intend to get others (before you buy them all up 😆 ).  Thanks for posting the photos.

Certainly the humble 0-6-0 is a favourite of mine, on both tank and tender varieties. The Austerity 0-6-0 saddle tanks were undoubtedy up among the top successful designs. The term 'J94' only properly applies to those 75 sold by the War Department to the London and North Eastern Railway. There were 377 manufactured by a number of suppliers for the Ministry of Supply between 1943 and 1946 with a further 14 built in 1953 for the MoD Army Department, and  many more down to 1964 mainly for the National Coal Board. Most of the MoS were sold for use in industry after the War.

Certainly the humble 0-6-0 is a favourite of mine, on both tank and tender varieties. The Austerity 0-6-0 saddle tanks were undoubtedy up among the top successful designs. The term 'J94' only properly applies to those 75 sold by the War Department to the London and North Eastern Railway. There were 377 manufactured by a number of suppliers for the Ministry of Supply between 1943 and 1946 with a further 14 built in 1953 for the MoD Army Department, and  many more down to 1964 mainly for the National Coal Board. Most of the MoS were sold for use in industry after the War.

Must admit I got a bit confused with the numbers game as well!

Always seeing J94's or 'clones' wherever I've gone on preserved railways in the past.

I've one more coming, then I think I'll have to stop - or be certified!!

Al.

My latest loco to add to my very small fleet of now 5 is the Hornby Class 86 "The Boys' Brigade" which i picked up from eBay.  Not one that I will look to run as I dont want to manually convert it to DCC, although it does run nicely, if a little noiser than my other new models.  It was in a worn box but the model is in perfect condition.

Happy to have found one as there are more "Phoenix" models that appear and as a BB member it is a nice thing to have in my collection.

Distracts from track pinning and point motor hole drilling that seems to be taking me an age.

3 21 pin decoders, 2 laisdcc and one dcc Concepts with stay-alive.  The laisdcc will be paired on the Bmann LU set, and the dcc Concepts version being fitted to the Heljan Met Bo-Bo.  Test run, and both seem to be very good

Rod

Two Isetta's would be too many for me, never mind 24!  😆

More or less, these would cost £5.00 each, so 24 x 5 = 120, so more or less, you have spent £120.00 on those BMW's, Caiptean. You have definetly spent more than £100.00 on them anyway, even if you did get them for a bit less than £5.00.

GNR-Gordon-4