Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Also,five right hand points,four left hand points,twenty eight curves,double track level crossing,one right hand curved point,seven double straights,fourteen straights,five short curves(mixed),all nickle silver and unused,complete station and a goods shed,all unused and all for a good price,happy days,happy me.

How  ridiculous. Are we going to post here when we buy  packet of joiners, or some DCC  point clips.   . Totally against the  reason for having this thread.  Just when I thought the forum was improving 

john

Just brought a box of cocktail sticks for my  modeling :)

~40 years ago I purchased the Mainline Class 45 D49 Manchester Regiment .... REALLY nice locomotive and certainly brought the standards on ... at the time.

(I also purchased a Joeuf Class 40 when that came out, but had a few derailing problems if I remember ...)

MOVING ON ....

Here's a new addition - later specification with the 'flush glazing' and buffers on the bogies Class 44 - Scafell Pike.

It has one handrail 'requiring attention' at the bottom, that's it for the handrails, and strangely the glazing at one end is loose - confirmed 'before bidding and winning' with the seller.

I 'Googled' a how-to site and regarding DCC installation - where I could confirm if the cab detail stays in the body or on the chassis when the body is removed - on the chassis - so the glazing refit should be easy ....

All the extra detailing parts are included, including the nameplates, headcode discs, vacuum pipes ... NICE!!

/media/tinymce_upload/d8cbcebb55f8593dbc4da7445e355cfe.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/4f896e07212347dc1bca01523286e654.jpg

Al.

Another Dapol County of Chester, this time the single chimney version. This means that I will reunite my double chimney version with it's BR liveried tender.

I will then be able to spread my moidelling period into the 50s (I have a mixed train of ex GWR coaches that were too good to break up for spares) in blood and custard and a mixed selection of Mk1s and Bullieds that need something to pull, I may even get round to fitting chips to my two Replica Standard 4s!

x2 Hornby The World of Thomas the Tank Engine R105 Red Tidmouth Milk Tanker's

These two are undamaged and no yellowing on them, so two my yellowed and damaged plastic wired tanker's can go back on the market at some point.

Take a l@@k at these two beauties, that arrived today. These are the best condition Red Tidmouth Milk Tanker‘s I have yet. No damaged plastic wires. This means that two or three more yellowish ones with broken wires can go back on the market at some point.

GNR-Gordon-4

Admin edit: Image upload failed, please make sure you use one of the image uploaders to add your photos.

Britannia class no 70040 "Clive of India" - which was shedded at Norwich and at Stratford in its early years, so ideal for my East Anglian based model railway.  Got it off ebay for £60 with DCC chip already fitted.  It's tender drive (which I know some people hate) and runs superbly.

/media/tinymce_upload/050687ccd5a31a6b8598bdd4bd5651d4.jpg

Another streamliner has mysteriously materialised on my desk - I suppose I'll have to keep it now ...  😆

/media/tinymce_upload/050f97ca9626e16513fd068e5a8c0b79.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/1a1de1b53b4415e2a024869d1ff2f79e.jpg

Funny how the high quality camera lens .... !!! .... managed to distort the shape of the locomotive a little!!

Absolutely 100% in appearance - a well-preserved addition I hope, 'though not had any long-term problems with the Coronations a simple oiling, clean and occasional solder didn't resolve.

Hamilton will be coming sometime in the New Year ... then that's the LMS streamlined collection sorted ... for now.

Al.

Strange things I know ... watch a certain page, a few clicks, push a button then hey presto ... a few days later ... but it is absolutely faultless to look at!! (brake rods in sealed pack and same with the 9-spoke bigger-wheeled front bogie - sealed pack).

Lid will be off this evening, if not tomorrow to grease and oil, test the chassis out, etc ...

It's a double chimney version, so I'll probably drill out the second chimney as I did with last week's blue one.

Al.

Lid will be off this evening, if not tomorrow to grease and oil, test the chassis out, etc ...

It's a double chimney version, so I'll probably drill out the second chimney as I did with last week's blue one.

Lid came off, greased and oiled, under-cab pipes painted, top 'smoked' and the 2nd chimney drilled out to the same diameter as the 1st - fortunately the mount peg wasn't broken and the chimney stayed in place.

Al.

This came today - DEFINITELY the last until Duchess of Hamilton arrives, then THAT'S IT - HONEST .... !!!

Just had to - bit of a Unicorn find I reckon.

Those keen eyed will notice the front steps are missing - in front of the front bogie.

Not certain if they came affixed, or were part of the detail pack - which only has vacuum pipes and brake rods - no cylinder draincocks or front steps (if they were an 'optional fit').

I've found an accessory pack which should fit the bill for the cylinders, and I've a few other plans - including Mr Westinghouse.

/media/tinymce_upload/df6cb98c8b10821ba5dbd01158f4726e.jpg

Al.

Hi Atom 3624,Checked my R2562, it does have the front steps.Also taken photos to show what came in box,Instruction  sheet, Isolating sleeve,'life like coal' & small packet of detail parts./media/tinymce_upload/bdcc45ca4a0f655a8cc4ba1516fccc42.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/f9cdd5eff9fb3c9be624885062e0e65d.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/3add3a47e2502ad5ddc2f7d9b3bb74e2.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/99ff86994c10e19e9ac310199b6c75fc.JPG

Thanks for that - confirmed suspicions, plus the coal!!

I've added 'real coal' to mine already - I think it's synthetic but looks pretty decent - I like the finer coal than the 'huge chunks' some use ... 

I took the lid off to see where I could insert lead - virtually nowhere and there's decent weight to the loco as well ... and the valve gear came loose - Caprotti, or similar part to it - got it all hooked up again.

Some time back, I purchased some brass BR steps, of which there's a perfect option - I've got it just about ready to glue in for tomorrow.

Draincocks I've got something coming. Seller gave a part refund, for the missing bits - very decent of him.

I've actually got a brass Westinghouse pump with half finned, which Britannia has just inside the RHS blinker - going to paint up and fit to make even more realistic - love Britannias ... OK, we're all the same, get a nice loco and you fall for it, but I've always wanted an actual Britannia.

Before I knew the locomotive's relevance, I felt a little short changed 40 years ago when I only got a tender drive Ollie, instead of Britannia ... 

Brit is greased and oiled up, (valve gear replaced), body replaced, coal added to tender AFTER lead added to weight up the tender - was way too light.

Absolute beaut!!

Al.

I'll correct myself - it's got 'simple outside Walschaert's valve gear, the Britannia.

It just looks different to others, like the Duchesses. The DoG has Caprotti.

Whatever, it all went back together without a problem in the end - there's a plastic gear mount piece which slots into the body which had separated from the metal part of the valvegear.

I 'feared the worst' (that I couldn't get the 'bits' back together) which probably made me concentrate harder and the Araldite clear did it's work very well - gear to plastic, NOT plastic to (plastic body), that just slots in.

Al.

This came today - DEFINITELY the last until Duchess of Hamilton arrives, then THAT'S IT - HONEST .... !!!

Just had to - bit of a Unicorn find I reckon.

Those keen eyed will notice the front steps are missing - in front of the front bogie.

Not certain if they came affixed, or were part of the detail pack - which only has vacuum pipes and brake rods - no cylinder draincocks or front steps (if they were an 'optional fit').

I've found an accessory pack which should fit the bill for the cylinders, and I've a few other plans - including Mr Westinghouse.

/media/tinymce_upload/df6cb98c8b10821ba5dbd01158f4726e.jpg

Al.

I've also got this loco ,but in the diamond jubilee set ,,,,very nice loco and quite heavy as well ,,,mjb

Just received my M4WALp5s Westinghouse 10" pump - KL2a with fins - for the Britannia.

I'm going to be doing a lot of studying of the casting / assembly - beautiful little job - and of course how it relates to the installation on Britannia.

I also purchased a set of 'wheels with speedo' and appear to have ordered a speedo cable as well - hasn't been cancelled yet, but seems as common as hen's teeth.

Intention is to make the Brit 'current', with speedo. I'll need to scour my old slot car and R/C bits'n'pieces for a spacer as well.

Al.

The weight is quite substantial - once you remove the lid you see why - ZAMAK almost up to the smokebox door, and to the dome, if you see what I mean.

Lack of front steps is annoying me, but only because it's so good everywhere else. I should have that resolved this evening - if I'm careful - don't want to glue the sprung buffers!!  I've pressed brass BR steps I cut out, glued up, shaped, primed and painted last night, so hope to fit this evening - family's out for a while so I've a bit of quiet without interruptions - youngest is VERY inquisitive - which is great, in smaller doses!!

I know they're a gimmick, but I like sprung buffers!!

Al.