Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

A couple of boxes of semi-flex track and several each LH and RH Express points and a good few R628 Y curves for my parallel bits. Never done this flexi track laying before so that’s a learning curve coming up.

Waiting arrival of a 2 ft long laser cut twin track bow-string bridge from inthegreenlaser.com - nice range and the prices are well below similar makes comparing model for model.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a brand new Bachmann Class 85 for £85 free P&P so it (finally) had to be done.

Very nice model - curious method of pickups vertical posts scraping brass / bronze 'fingers' riveted to the circuit board on top of the inner body.

Runs reasonably very well, but no 'superstar'.

Al.

X20 Hornby Railways plastic rolling stock 3 hole wheels, to add to my scrap wagon's loads collection.

Another X13 Hornby Railways plastic rolling stock wheels; Listing appears to be including X2 spoked wheels and X11 3 hole wheels. It does not matter how many of which wheel type are included, as again they are for my scrap load collection. You can never have enough scrap!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Picked up The centenary Rocket today in the Hornby shop at Swindon's Designer outlet centre. Mine is No: 0099 of 1500.  They only had 10 allocated to the store.

There are plenty on eBay at silly prices and plenty of bids on them. Saddest thing is that at least one of them is an actual high street Hornby stockist in Bedfordshire. Surely Hornby shouldn't allow this - they have it up for a buy-it-now of £349.95!

There are plenty on eBay at silly prices and plenty of bids on them. Saddest thing is that at least one of them is an actual high street Hornby stockist in Bedfordshire. Surely Hornby shouldn't allow this - they have it up for a buy-it-now of £349.95!

Hmmm........very interesting...........that's my local Model Shop............HB

Just received a used Bachmann Standard Class 5 - 73082 Camelot.

Previous owner not as careful as I'd have liked with the nameplates, but I can live with that - VERY nice looking locomotive for a very good price.

/media/tinymce_upload/752a9cc73a1223c31e952322058134b6.jpg

Al.

Just found a Unicorn of sorts.

I've made a few purchases in the last month, but will be good from now on ... honest!!

Hornby R3050 found and purchased way below the going rate.

One of the big diesels from Hornby's super high quality period of the noughties - RAF posted a photo of his last week (so it's your fault!!).

Will post photos when it arrives.

Al.

Just found a Unicorn of sorts.

I've made a few purchases in the last month, but will be good from now on ... honest!!

Hornby R3050 found and purchased way below the going rate.

One of the big diesels from Hornby's super high quality period of the noughties - RAF posted a photo of his last week (so it's your fault!!).

Will post photos when it arrives.

Al.

It appears that this 'Unicorn' flew away ... shop 'could't find it'.

I must admit a price of very little more than a ton for a brand new R3050 was really (trust me!!) relatively cheap, so perhaps ....

No, they wouldn't do that.

Whatever happened, they couldn't find it, so no sale ...

So I've found a Class 87 instead - definitely located, purchased and should be with me midweek next week - looking forwards to it.

Used to love seeing the 87's departing 'South' when I was going from Liverpool to Manchester on one of the other trains - the 47-hauled trans-Pennine, typically.

They both left simultaneously - electric most impressive basically for so little fuss, with such a relatively small locomotive on such a long train, and departing so quickly - it did have 5,000 hp!!

Photos will be posted once it arrives.

(We all know what they look like anyway, and have access to Google I know ....)

Al.

Had 73082 32-502 Camelot 'bargain' (<£50 delivered and 'perfect') running today, Sunday.

Only have 13x free-running (lubed as well) TEA 100 ton tankers on the 4th radius circular test-track so didn't expect it to perform ... but it did without too much difficulty - pulled them for perhaps 30 minutes at 2/3 throttle.

Photos here.

The 5MT looks great - black or green. I think I prefer the black, not just because that's the one I have.

Photos:

/media/tinymce_upload/c6ff09cb74b794a4671cfebf5481e74d.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/60258b601abcaf17fa9ad96d543da6aa.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/9ea3bb5c6159fd5fc225c7ca9dbb1c5c.jpg

One very nice-looking and running bargain - nice addition to the fleet.

Al.