Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Well, I spoke too soon saying I had ordered 2 x R4251 at £9.99 each and a full price R4352 from Hornby as I have been another victim of the order system that takes your money on the credit card when the goods are not there to be supplied.

So - looks like I will only be getting the full price R4352 which I no doubt could have bought cheaper locally. I only ordered that to make the order over £30.00 and get free postage. I am wondering if they will now charge me postage as the order is now below £30 !!

This may be why the share price has dropped 12% in the last couple of weeks? 

Mind you they do say that if it sounds too good to be true it usually is and coaches at £9.99 were obviously too good to be true !!

My lastest is the class 67 002 & 003 and 7 MK3 coaches & 2 DVT's in Arriva Trains Wales.  I have just 1 more Mk3 to get then I have the 2 full sets that are currently running with Arriva, I just need to renumber some of the coaches and 1 of the DVT's. I could do with someone to produce a class 175 DMU in Arriva colours now.

Peter 

My latest aquisitions -  A Hornby Dublo 3 rail EDLT20 "Bristol Castle" 4-6-0 I won at HRCA auction, good runner and tidy. also four tinplate BR(E) coaches, and 25 assorted Hornby Dublo wagons, with mixture of common tinplate and plastic bodies, a few in need of TLC but most in good condition. Also a tatty breakdown crane also which might make a good repaint job.

A couple of Hornby catalogues in very good condition from a charity shop found by a friend at work.

Both with price lists  - Feb 1994 with Sir Ralph Wedgewood on the front cover and Jan 1988 with an IC class 90 on the front.

I ran my new rake of 5 maroon MK1 RR and just one was derailing, but oiling the axles cured that. They do look absolutely fine to me.

It was maroon all over last night with other rakes of maroon Triang, Lima and BMan MK 1s and parcels stock filling all 7 platforms of the station.  

After umming and ahhing about

R3220 Tyseley Connection ‘Pitchford Hall’ Train Pack - Limited Edition 1000

or getting both R3370 BR 4-6-0 'King Richard II' 6000 Class with TTS Sound and R3331 GWR 4-6-0 ‘King James I’ 6000 Class - GWR to swap the TTS kit and sell on a soundless King Richard, I went to the Coming Soon page to pre-order the two Kings.

My eyes were drawn to the R1184 Western Express Digital Train Set with eLink and TTS sound loco Set GWR Hall Class Ketley Hall. I have had positive experiences with the Gadwall and Flying Scotsman TTS locos so I went and gone and done it and made the pre-order for the Western Express and hope it will be delivered before Christmas but if it doesn't my birthday is three weeks later :)

The BR (WR) County of Hants. Would have liked to alter to 1000 'County of Middlesex' but don't want to mess it up.  I may even give it a trial run today!  Would love the streamlined Duchess, but having received one when they were first issued, only to have to return it to the supplier as there was no dcc socket (or so it appeared when reading the installation instructions), the retailer refunded my money instead of advising that the instructions were incorrect and the socket was in the body of the loco.  Oh blow blow blow. Won't buy from that retailer again

Yes, you obviously blew a bit of money on that one, Bulver. If only you had know it was DCC ready, you could have fited a sound decoder and had it blown to your individual requirements.

One of my latest acquisitions is a BR early crest Midland Compound specially fitted with Zimo sound decoder, front working lamp, glowing firebox and crew, the smoke being activated on a separate chip. I already had that model brand new DCC fitted, only tested, and will now need to sell it. Incidentally, this does not in any way constitute or represent an offer of sale on this forum...........

I've managed to accrue a number of Hornby Terriers over Sep/Oct: LBSC Brighton 40, Picadilly 41, Waddon 54; SR W2, W11, W12; and  GWR Portishead no.5. The seller of these also threw in another Waddon 54 that must have had a DFAGH (Dive From A Great Height) which only broke the mounting screw moulds inside the body and now runs really well so I might get it reliveried as GWR No.6. All potential DCC conversion candidates.

A question though for the astute forumite: Is the collective noun for a group of A1Xs a pound. a kennel or as my good lady suggests a pack?

I've managed to accrue a number of Hornby Terriers over Sep/Oct: LBSC Brighton 40, Picadilly 41, Waddon 54; SR W2, W11, W12; and  GWR Portishead no.5. The seller of these also threw in another Waddon 54 that must have had a DFAGH (Dive From A Great Height) which only broke the mounting screw moulds inside the body and now runs really well so I might get it reliveried as GWR No.6. All potential DCC conversion candidates.

A question though for the astute forumite: Is the collective noun for a group of A1Xs a pound. a kennel or as my good lady suggests a pack?

That is just so simple a class of locomotives  ;-)

it's even in Australian railway books ;-)

regards John