Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

/media/tinymce_upload/3a7df6e9094adc1eb27353b40f6aa259.jpg

You will need either a Flatrol, or a Carflat, to carry a narrow gauge bogie coach, unfortunately no-one makes these types in OO at present.

Here is one of the Vale of Rheidol line carriages on a 'carflat' at Shrewsbury, en-route for overhaul.

Bought a Mallard cheap from the Liverpool shop (split from a set) and Manston seems to have found its way into my shopping basket today.

Oh, and I found a Princess Arthur of Connaught BNIB recently. *facepalm

Hi tersono, you might find this video interesting - itinspired me to by my Princess Arthour of Connaught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHIEudnoRYU

Thanks for the link :)

A 'Carflat' is a relatively easy wagon to make using a old type Hornby Mark 1 coach underframe.  Remove the ends above the buffer beam with a fine saw, and add a planked floor with Wills Plastic Card. The planks go from side to side. To the outside you then need to attach two 1mm plastic rods supported by 15 short lengths (approx 10 mm tall) evenly spaced Evergreen angle each side, and then add a loading flap at either end  fabricated from plastic card and strip.

Don't think I'd Scuba in floodwater, so the high pressure pump is probably your best bet, and a set of waders.  It has been raining here on and off all day too. I live on outskirts of York. We are quite high up, but even here the surface water doesn't go very fast since the deluge over Christmas, heaven knows what it is like down by the river.

I refuse to comment on other drainage issues! 

Oh yes,  and the roof of the shed I hope to be building my layout in has started to leak.  :-(

At least - you found out before the layout was started, LC!

As it would appear that the local lake is going to come here, to me, I've started building an amphibious plane - called an Icon A5, just waiting for some small parts, then I can fnalize assembly. (I know the tailplane is crooked, it isn't bolted on!). The yellow one is a Decathlon, an the fin, bottom left, is a KA8.

/media/tinymce_upload/58917fdb722ee005d1547cfb79f45b6b.JPG

last few items have been a class 25 in blue, a rake of intercity mk3's, 3 parcels express coaches and a parcels express van, just waiting on a class 55 and a shunters truck, and some decoders and a load of spares, also today i have bought 3 blue 4 wheel coaches, and another class 25 in green form the bay, and a few more blood and custard coaches are on their way too,