Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Looks like I was the only one interested. The thing is though, that the listing didn't advise it was a Smiling Annie. I don't think the seller realises it's a rare Annie.

Also, the main image didn't show Annie's face, so it looks any old ordinary Annie in the in very faded looking orange paint. If the title stated 'Smiling Annie', loads would have placed bids, like time, when a Smiling Annie and a Clarabel sold for £35.00, about 2 or 3 months ago.

I sort of clicked on it accidentally and decided to view the images, relalised the Annie is the rare smiling faced one, so I added it to my Watvh List and placed my bid about 30 minutes before the listing was going to end. I am very happy I found it so cheap and by mistake.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

A Hornby Dublo A4 tender.

It began with the purchase of three locomotive bodies, a Ringfield Castle, an A4 (Golden Fleece) and a City (the nameplates were missing, but I'm pretty sure that it was a City of London rather than of Liverpool) for a fairly nominal amount.

The Castle looked as if it might be beyond repair and, when I received it, it obviously was.

The City was the one I wanted and I was planning to repaint it and fit a Duchess chassis (a three rail City chassis would have been too hard to find and too expensive and a Duchess chassis can, with a bit of work, be modified to suit).  The City body, however, proved to be in poor shape.  It had been repainted (no real problem there, just a bit more work) but looked as if it had been sandblasted prior to painting, with all the sharp details of the moulding rounded off or eroded to the point where they were indistinguishable.  So it joined the Castle in the bin.  I subsequently bought a Wrenn City of Glasgow body, but that's another story.....

The A4 was the one I hadn't given much thought to - after all I already have two of them - but it turned out to be in the best condition of the lot, albeit with missing paint and a third of the transfers (including most of one nameplates) missing.  It seemed too good to throw out, so I bought a spare A4 chassis, which arrived a couple of weeks ago, and a tender, which arrived today.  I am planning to paint it in BR light blue, but when I will get around to it I'm not sure.

Hornby Dock Shunter with the later wheels for code 100 track. Bought from the online auction site for £10 as an unboxed non runner, a spell in the works has got her going again, just got to clean the loco up and put it in a box from one of my piles of spare boxes. Loco has the later issue code 100 wheels so modern track is no problem.

/media/tinymce_upload/398c381a2602b0b9783da69fd63184c7.jpg

Some lima carbon brushes and  springs and a railcar interior. The latter was bought because the chassis I am using to rebuild No 29 came from a parcels railcar and it only had a plain floor. However, after ordering it I have now discovered that my Hornby Parcels Railcar has a full interior so I could have got away with a swap.

Got away lightly in the wallet department during my visit to Great Eastern Models.

Some handrail wire, a traffic light controller and a Police Mini van, which will be converted to a flashing blue light when I do my Coastguard Land Rover.

Rob