Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

For anyone who may be interested I confirm I have uploaded another 7 images to my Gallery layout diary.

Updates include:

7 Train-Tech signals at the exit of Bottom-le-Dale Station. The signals have no fingers these were removed, unlike last layout they are not solderedto the track, this time they are wired under the layout to the DCC Accessory Bus which is much neater and a lot easier.

2 of these signals have CR Signals feathers added to them, unless you knew you would probably not know they are added to the signals. The feathers are wired under the layout and go to Train-Tech, One Touch, SC1 decoders. Each decoder is being used to control two individual feathers making them very cost effective.

The SC1 decoders are placed in a bank, which hinges down for setting and folds away whan not in use.

Signals and feather addresses set, I can now start to programming this first batch within the points and signals in RM and test them in route programs in RM

Other additional items this week include lighting to the signage of the Ralway Inn and one car, I still have another car to complete and add lighting inside the building. All lighting is 12 volt using a separate transformer and lighting bus. 

I have a long way to go before the layout looks anything like some of the brilliant ones I have seen on here. Keep sharing guys.  😉

To view click the Gallery Link below.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rod, thank you for the encouragement. As mentioned earlier, there are many better layouts, but the beauty of this hobby they are all different and, I think, it is great to share ideas.

I do like the idea the other forum has where you can build up a diary of your progress, I often look back, it encourages me to move forward.  😉

I am chuffed I am now starting on adding signals (between other jobs), I am also very pleased with the feathers added to the Train-Tech signals. There will be more on this subject in a day or so (in the RailMaster forum).

Second attempt!

There isn't a lot of scenery, just yet, this is very much a work in progress!

The rather over-sized helicopter sitting on the roof is a charity thing for the local (to me) NorthWest Air Ambulance.

The first clip is an A4 'Sparrow Hawk' with a rake of Gresley (fake) Teaks, then the next two are a GBRf 66, first with a short freight, then a rake of seven mk 1's. I was going to run an EWS 66, but it failed with a TPWS error (in truth, it's having a fit of the 'staggers' and needs a clean and lube!), so one was borrowed from GBRf as a stand-in.

The 'theme' for the layout will be of a 'Preservation' line, sharing the other side of a platform with a local branch line which sees a few Sprinters and the occasional freight  movement.

-  

When you've fnished laughing and sneering - - - - - -

Latest update with automation, some the signals chagned too quickely but that has been fixed.

Each train will take turns travelling on the line and will load into either line that is free.

It woul dbe possible to have 5 trains on the line stopping starting waiting for each block to be free but thats just too much.

enjoy.

Will tray and video the freight line program which does the same but for four freight lines on a different line at the same time.

You have a brilliant layout Phul007, it is great to view, so much work, so much detail, well done.

The video helps us see so much more.

Second attempt!

There isn't a lot of scenery, just yet, this is very much a work in progress!

The rather over-sized helicopter sitting on the roof is a charity thing for the local (to me) NorthWest Air Ambulance.

The first clip is an A4 'Sparrow Hawk' with a rake of Gresley (fake) Teaks, then the next two are a GBRf 66, first with a short freight, then a rake of seven mk 1's. I was going to run an EWS 66, but it failed with a TPWS error (in truth, it's having a fit of the 'staggers' and needs a clean and lube!), so one was borrowed from GBRf as a stand-in.

The 'theme' for the layout will be of a 'Preservation' line, sharing the other side of a platform with a local branch line which sees a few Sprinters and the occasional freight  movement.

-  

When you've fnished laughing and sneering - - - - - -

Hi 2e0

You have a lot going on there... I couldn't find the box with your name and address on it though  😎

But I did find myself duck a few times with those low flying aircraft.  🤐

Keep up the good work 2e0 and make sure you never finish it completely, always leave something still to do.

You could add details of what camera you used etc, I am sure people will be interested.

I am not sure how I follow those great layouts and videos I have just been viewing so here goes with my latest Layout Diary update.

I have just included another 9 images so I must have been busy... slowly it sometimes feels but there are some updates for anyone intersted.

The Railway Inn now has some internal lighting as well as the external lighting. What lights used, which lights are permanent and which unplug can easily be seen.

There are 3 cars in the car park two with lights are now wired in and individually switched.

More work with signalling, 2 Train Tech signals with feather/route indicators have been moved and are working.

I now have 7 working signals coming out of Bottom-le-Dale station, 2 more in place with wires dropped ready to connect on the next lift. There are also matching dummy signals. 

It has not been a bad week considering signals and feathers have been tested and reports submitted to HRMS. The signals with feathers are now controlled by the corrresponding points. 

This coming week my work will begin on the interchange where all the lines come together and cross each other. Signal postions are planned in RM and feathers have been accommodated for.

I have been talking with HRMS over the last few weeks, signals and feathers have been disussed along with when there will be a RailMaster update. I will confirm this in a separate thread early next week.

Meanwhile I hope you like the latest updates and improvements. 

/media/tinymce_upload/942f77ef98a85fe57780c8df690d855c.jpg

I am not sure how I follow those great layouts and videos I have just been viewing so here goes with my latest Layout Diary update.

I have just included another 9 images so I must have been busy... slowly it sometimes feels but there are some updates for anyone intersted.

The Railway Inn now has some internal lighting as well as the external lighting. What lights used, which lights are permanent and which unplug can easily be seen.

There are 3 cars in the car park two with lights are now wired in and individually switched.

More work with signalling, 2 Train Tech signals with feather/route indicators have been moved and are working.

I now have 7 working signals coming out of Bottom-le-Dale station, 2 more in place with wires dropped ready to connect on the next lift. There are also matching dummy signals. 

It has not been a bad week considering signals and feathers have been tested and reports submitted to HRMS. The signals with feathers are now controlled by the corrresponding points. 

This coming week my work will begin on the interchange where all the lines come together and cross each other. Signal postions are planned in RM and feathers have been accommodated for.

I have been talking with HRMS over the last few weeks, signals and feathers have been discussed along with extensive testing/fault finding (Ray was also involved in the testing) I also asked when there will be a RailMaster update, I will confirm these things in a separate thread, in the RailMaster Forum, next week.

Meanwhile I hope you like the latest updates and improvements which can be viewed from the Layout Gallery Link below.

PJ - I removed the box with the address details, before re-making the vid!

Obviously the layout is DCC sound - not ALL the loco's make noises deliberately! - The controller is an Elite.

As I've put in previous comments, the track is mostly Peco flexi 100, with Hornby plastic-frog points. Every section of track is connected to a BUS by droppers (except one or two places, where I've been forced to make temporary 'jumpers'across rail joints, due to temporary inability to get underneath, after rearranging the track - again!).

The camera I used is the Mobius, a self-contained 1080P video cam that records onto an SD card and will run for about 2.5 hours on it's internal battery. It measures 6 x 3.5 x 2 cm, and was attached onto the top of a high-sided four-wheel van with a highly technical mounting (ie elastic band!)

Bulver asked what size the room - silly answer - most of it!

In reality, 18 x 12 feet (convert that into these foreign measurements yourselves!) - the 18 being the central area with all the main structures, at which point the boards are 3 feet wide. The two ends are wider, at 4ft, to allow a reasonable curve radius. I'd like it to be bigger, but it won't fit! There is a turntable hiding behind the coaling tower (ash tower!) but it is merely being used as a tree and junk store at the moment - rather like most of the real ones!

Being a large and mostly flat area, the layout tends to double up as a parking area for assorted other stuff, hence all the radio-controlled model planes 'parked' on it. (They have to go somewhere!)

As mentioned in previous posts, the stack of boxes against the wall at one end of the station/storage area contain a collection of four-wheel private owner wagons, made in short runs of 100, for a nearby mining museum, who are trying to find samples/photo's of original stock for all the coal mines in this area.

Wow - you have moved on a lot since the layout image you posted in your gallery, great job! You have certainly made the most of the space available to you, very impressive.

You have some fantastic images/symbols/icons in the plan. These are presumably the programmable buttons that you discussed some time ago and you have made and inserted your own images? Looks great PJ (all of it - not just the schematic).

R-

Hi Roger

You are correct with some of the images, they are used via the program buttons, some are also programmed.

Since the above image I have changed some items, the set all points and set all feathers are different icons now.

In the top corner I now have 3 different iamges, they set the double slip and adjoining point, 3 options, 3 icons, all with there own programs.

Position of signals are approximate, although many are correct there will be some tweeking as I work my way round the layout.

The horizontal lines are just text, underscrore lines, but they help separate the layout from items to temporary help me get feathers working, these look really good.

I remain humble, it is work in progress, I have seen a lot of much better layouts, we all have to try use what ever space we have the best way we can. 

The numbers on the signals are not RM ones, I have switched them off, the ones on my layout are text, I think they are neater, they include the address for the signal and a direction arrow e.g . They work for me, may be not everyones choice.

Thanks for your comments Roger

I think the items for programming the Cobalt Slow Action Point motors can be moved dow now, just off screen, but kept in case needed later.

Back to work, I have some more sigals arrived and another 8 feathers  😉

• 4 weeks later...