Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

Geoff77 has made the same mistake as many others! Do NOT click on the BLUE reply button - scroll down a bit to the empty white box below, type your words in there, and click the GREEN reply button.

This way, your words are in a new area, and you don't keep repeating the words you are replying to, making the threads longer and longer, and difficult to follow!

Not much to look at, but its my first time creating a model railway. The boys like it, so I'm happy :)

Been working on it for a few days now, changed alot compared to how it started. 

/media/tinymce_upload/dbb5d6aee7736a09968656d07493945f.jpg

I have loaded layout pics before but I have decide to put a video up for people to see.

Excellent looking layout Phul... well built and cracking design...

I have a question in two parts if I may...?

How did you wire up and what did you use for the pelican crossings and also the flash photographers in the church scene?

Two great touches which I may utilise depending upon my own plans developing from now as I go into this stage of the whole process... Mine will be DCC and run from the eLink system with RM. Not sure what you are running yours with but if similar to mine I may be able to get some ideas of how to implement one of them.

Hi Everyone,  

At this link    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouAe0Znb0X_eiWmS2Oga5A      you will find some videos of my OO loft layout Liskwithiel Road.  It is based on china clay operations around Par and takes it's name from Liskeard, Lostwithiel and Bodmon Road from the 70s to the 90s  The films are a bit random but give you a flavour of what I am trying to achieve.  It has taken me over 5 years to get this far as work and other pressure severely restrict my time.

I hope you enjoy my films and I welcome any comments.

If you like what you see you can subscribe to my YouTube channel.

You can follow progress on my FaceBook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liskwithiel-Road/766345680042627?ref=hl

Apologies to Hornby, this is from an old Hornby track plans book. This is the 1970's layout plan I am working from for my retro layout. The up and over circuit will be double track instead of single and will be built with Super 4 track so old locos can run alongside newer locos. I'm after that 1970's feel to the layout.

/media/tinymce_upload/46efd6c9f69d1413563e4e32f38d57f9.JPG

This is the look I'm after.

/media/tinymce_upload/07714d69b4d94e61e0ab132dd458bbc9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

My layout is going to be a modern fictional layout. I use Railmaster + Elink to control it. Its got a long way to go until it's finished but here are some pictures. /media/tinymce_upload/b8014f84cb3539204bc07a3d5aab1f87.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/ffe89a0900c941270e5593559b3baddc.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/15d8fb15a5df0d49c3dbbfb754cc8878.jpg

Very impressive stuff guys - the only thing that sticks out for me to spoil the realism of it all is the track - it just doesn't fit with the other very good stuff.

Apart from all of us going to finescale track I suppose we have to live with it and be thankfull we have set-track to make life easier for the majority of us to make a layout.