Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

• 2 months later...

/media/tinymce_upload/21fc9803662da88e6b36b66a9a0fc9e7.jpgJust going through some old computer disks and found my original track plan for the mainline station area. Although when it came to laying the track I made some changes, for example I extended the loops in the middle and shortened the area for the platforms.

I should add there is only one facing point giving adjacent to the SC at the right hand side, the diamond crossing on the down main is a single slip

• 1 month later...

I'm posting a few pictures of our school layout - no pupils in sight as it's the holidays, but they give an idea of what we have achieved.  I worked out that it has taken us 8 years, on and off, to get this far.  We finally have a permanent location (see other "unusual locations" thread and that has meant more consistent progress./media/tinymce_upload/8edf9e7dc26ba630d851f7f38a12e29d.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/7e20fac2e9360e656f804d35a3b2ddab.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/a92eb9257117a2c85b96a4d0c7b15876.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/e95c8eb2de9e33a09a9a364fd358e33e.jpg

@GNR-Gordon,

Thanks for the nice comments - our layout is very much a team effort.  From the start of the Autumn term all our year 9 students are doing a modelmaking activity (about an hour a week for half a term) so I am planning on making some extension boards with them - I just need to source some cheap models of buildings as I have plenty of spare track and scenery items.