Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

The layout measures 8 feet by 6 feet,the outer oval is system 6 nickel silver track,DCC.

The next oval is system 6 nickel silver.DC.

The next two ovals are super 4

And of course minic motorways in the middle.

The baseboard is temporarily covered in rolls of green poster paper and none of the track is pinned down,it doesn't need to be as the joints hold firm with the passing of the trains.There's still plenty to do,the mini c motorways need to be wired up,the turntable needs wiring up,as do the station platform lampposts and the point operated triang colour light signals,when I get around to installing them,I have 8 of them,in there original boxes.I'm basically building this layout as a reminder of my younger years,when every Christmas and birthday I would receive something in a red and yellow box,namely triang railways,triang hornby or latterly hornby railways.The system 6 oval is joined to the super 4 oval by means of a converter track.

Hi Big big train,

Like tthe idea of your layout with the use of Minic motorway together with the use of Super 4 and System 6 track in diferrent ovels. Take it as read you have isolated the DCC from the DC systems.

Just out of interest what Catenary system are you thinking of useing?

I decided to re-tarmac the main line platform surface - Railmatch Roof Dirt. So station building and canopies have been removed. While these are out of the way I have decided to add a third rail to the main line - this will allow a slight variation in the stock that can be used - bits and pieces required are in the post.

https://flic.kr/p/2daDrdu

Hello Tony 57,I haven't,as yet,isolated the DCC oval from the DC oval,it's on my to do list.I'm just being very careful not to change the points as it will cause untold damage,I should think,so I keep the ovals running separately,I need to get some insulated fishplates.

Ref the catenary,I've been collecting Tri ang catenary,purchased from toyfairs,etc,and I think I should have enough to complete one of the ovals of the super 4 track.

If you have any more questions,please feel free to ask,thanks.

Hi Big big train

As a suggestion have you though of using the converter tracks as you Isolation point that is to have the system 6 as the DCC part of the layout and the Super 4 as the DC part of the layout.

In regrards to catenary I have been doing the same but have also being buying both the phase 1 and 2 wires, wish I could find some universal feet so as to replace the series 3 feet I have on some of my masts

Hi Tony,thanks for your suggestion,I'll certainly give it some thought.I hope,eventually,to have enough catenary to do both ovals of the super 4 track,the only problem being keeping the track clean,using a track rubber,without breaking the masts.

We were at a local toyfair last weekend and we picked up some absolute bargains,9 boxed triang/hornby points controlled colour light signal sets,amongst other things.They are still in their boxes ,but I may incorporate some of these into the layout .

I have,on pre order,from the Hornby on line shop,2 xT TS sound wagons,they look very good and will add another dimension to the lauout.

Hello all

After a trip to York and the railway museum last Christmas, I came up with the idea of making a Christmas tree base using the Santa’s Express set. I’ve never modelled before so it has been a steep learning curve. I’ve totally enjoyed doing it and will add to it as the years go on but for now, I’m happy with it. Hopefully the link will work. 

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

D

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143799811@N03/o8P5g2

Can't post my layout here as it is dismantled now and everything is in boxes.  Moving house so having to downsize and go into N gauge!  Not sure what I will do with my OO stuff yet as new property is a lakeside lodge on a golf course as I am slowing my life down due to major health issues.  An N gauge coffee table layout is front runner for this home.

The views are nice anyway and the free use of the heated indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, bar, restaurant, coffee shop and golf course are a plus.

..... I’ve never modelled before so it has been a steep learning curve. will work. 

......Let me know your thoughts

For someone who has modelled for years that would be a commendable effort, for someone who has not modelled at all before it is truly amazing. Very well done. R-

Cheers Rog, looking forward to the rest. I'm putting the lot into auction next year.

The lodges are nicely furnished and come with everything you need, even a tiny 6 bottle wine cooling fridge.  My lodge is being built and should be ready in January to move into.  This one is a bit bigger than mine but gives you an idea of what they are like. It was a bargain for £109K and has gone up since I bought it a few weeks ago, they are now selling at £154K.  I have 800 acres of golf course and grounds to use and no maintenance to do!  The lodge comes with a balcony all the way around and a disabled ramp. I have a lovely view of the lake.

/media/tinymce_upload/28f6b1a1acc5de5a3d9e2ef0c4e58bca.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/6d3476b7d6779cf5f9e4b93c51db6f69.jpg

..... I’ve never modelled before so it has been a steep learning curve. will work. 

......Let me know your thoughts

For someone who has modelled for years that would be a commendable effort, for someone who has not modelled at all before it is truly amazing. Very well done. R-

Thanks very much. It is a little bit of YouTube and a little bit of ’lets see if that works’. 

D