RAILMASTER Version 1.56 and MORE

Hornby magazine May 2014 includes a DCC Handbook

Page 4 & 5 confirm...

RM is almost 3 years old but, the most important update since it's launch is in preparation for release April/May (2014)

There will be an automatic update to version

1.56 for existing users and the option, for those wanting an advanced pack to purchase the Add-on Pro Pack. The add on pro pack will include... voice control which they rate as the most important advance to the software, after setting up you can run your system

'hands free'

The Pro Pack WILL include control of multi aspect signals, in sequence with point and support, O, N & TT gauge

The pro pack WILL include 45 degree point elements and will offer facility to print plans AND CV setting.

There

is more in the booklet

PRO PACK UPGRADE PROBABLY ABOUT 30 GBP

Loco detection is commented on as being in development, more details and prices in booklet.

Message by Fireman_Ian

I will wait to see what free updates are contained in v 1.56 and what are contained in the Pro Pack.

Also I would like to know if the basic RM will still be supported with any necessary updates in the future or will

we be forced into the Pro version for future support.

I have been using RM since its first release and have been waiting to see which of the many user requests posted on this forum will be in the new update.

Fingers crossed !

Ian.

While I have only had railmaster with slink for a short time, I hope the upgrade has done the following,

Removed the bugs in version 1.55

Improved the interface to produce consistent programming, e.g fly outs when hovering the mouse over the

buttons

A wider more comprehensive range of sounds

Better interaction with the ipad

Better control of loco speeds using e.g. Dedicating the mouse wheel to speed of locos when clicking in the loco panel

Regards

Colin

Hi fishmonz.

Eg. Using rm running a loco on track and the program just crashes and vanished off the screen, the loco carried on running until restarting rm,

Use the mouse wheel to control speed when clicking in the relevant loco panel rether

than having to click on the slider

Ipad improvement with slider controls not very responsive

Improve ipad connectivity as it seems to break after a while, I have checked the network signal, no issue there as it is right next to wireless plug.

I

am not familiar with the reporting of issues, HRMS?

Smithy58 said:

Hi fishmonz.

Eg. Using rm running a loco on track and the program just crashes and vanished off the screen, the loco carried on running until restarting rm,

Use the mouse wheel to control speed when clicking

in the relevant loco panel rether than having to click on the slider

Ipad improvement with slider controls not very responsive

Improve ipad connectivity as it seems to break after a while, I have checked the network signal, no issue there as

it is right next to wireless plug.

I am not familiar with the reporting of issues, HRMS?

The beauty of having an Elite rather than just an eLink with RM is that when a serious fall-over happens you can either control the loco manually

or hit the big red button.

Forgot to add Smithy that you can report issues direct from within RM by clicking the big Q mark along the top banner and then clicking the envelope next to the Hornby logo on the pop up box. Fill in the details and RM will send all necessary log files,

etc to support for their info. You will normally get a rapid response from them.

PJ_model_trains said:

There is a Big Red button in RM also.

It's massive ;-)

At at times of a run-away should be even bigger ;-0

Seriously though when I first moved to eLink I did miss the physical Emergency Stop

button and as it takes longer to find your cursor on the screen and to click on E stop. Now there's a simple thought I've just had, make the space bar the stop button or one of the function keys ?!

dgilbert2 said:

At at times of a run-away should be even bigger ;-0

Seriously though when I first moved to eLink I did miss the physical Emergency Stop button and as it takes longer to find your cursor on the screen and to click on

E stop. Now there's a simple thought I've just had, make the space bar the stop button or one of the function keys ?!

Hi

Wait until the RM update is available and the RM Pro as they will probably be out together then add it to the desirable

features for RM. They will not do anything now but it is a good idea and worth suggesting.

PJ

dgilbert2 said:

... Now there's a simple thought I've just had, make the space bar the stop button or one of the function keys ?!

I like the idea of the space bar, as an emergency stop button. I think that it would be more

difficult to remember which function key it was.
I suggest you add it now to the current 'Desirable Features ..' thread and if it doesn't get considered for the forthcoming update, I will pick it up and add it to the new Desirable Features list that I have

volunteered to compile after v1.56 and the Pro version are issued.

Interesting, moderated on spec. Mine had a space as I used the double space tap to put the full stop. Might save space but takes more time after I had to go way back 3 times to get the typos out. For some reason the autocorrect function fails to work without

spaces between words, must tell to Apple about fixing that in their desirable features thread.

Fishmanoz said:

Interesting, moderated on spec. Mine had a space as I used the double space tap to put the full stop. Might save space but takes more time after I had to go way back 3 times to get the typos out. For some reason the autocorrect

function fails to work without spaces between words, must tell to Apple about fixing that in their desirable features thread.

No Fishy it is easier to read your posts without your autocorrect functioning :-)

Graskie said:

Butcouldn'tyoubetypinginanewloco'sfunctionswhileanotherorothersarestillrunningonyourlayoutunderRMcontrolFishyforinstance?Savesalotofspace,this,doesn't it? Hadtoputaspaceattheendbecausemypreviuousattemptwasmoderated.

Hi

Graskie, you should have been a solicitor. No sorry, they add spaces and leave out all punctuation.

walkingthedog said:

Isn't it possible to allocate keys to carry out certain functions on a PC?

Yes... but if the darn software has crashed and closed it won't be responding to any keystrokes or mouse clicks/movements until

it's resetarted.... which is why I prefer the Elite and haven't tried eLink

Archived