Point icons

RB51

Yesterday I removed the "set on start-up" codes from some points to test Ray's issue about the blue line point idicators on his layout. This morning I thought I would put them back, but one pair of icons refuses to sit on the plan in their previous postiion. Instead they both drop down and over one grid position, unfortunately neatly obscuring another point's icon! I have tried deleting it and putting new icons in but with the same result. I have reported it to HRMS via the in-app help request system and will post the outcome when to hand. Anyone else getting this problem? R-

Hi R-,

It sounds to me as if you may have two point icons too close together. Is there any way of inserting extra straight pieces to separate them? How about taking a screen copy and uploading it onto here so we can see your diagram?

By the way, all I need to do to get the blue line corruption is to switch off "Set points on startup" in the system settings.

Ray

Hi R-,

It sounds to me as if you may have two point icons too close together. Is there any way of inserting extra straight pieces to separate them? How about taking a screen copy and uploading it onto here so we can see your diagram?

By the way, all I need to do to get the blue line corruption is to switch off "Set points on startup" in the system settings.

Ray

Thanks Ray - I'd forgotten they behaved like that if you put them too close to each other. I'll have a look to see if I can re-jig the layout - but the annoying thing is they were perfectly happy previously. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes. R-

Ok - I can't figure out how to get an image on here but changing the layout a little has got the icons to sit near the points they control, Thank you Ray. If I could I'd show you what I've done. R-

Ok - I can't figure out how to get an image on here but changing the layout a little has got the icons to sit near the points they control, Thank you Ray. If I could I'd show you what I've done. R-

/media/tinymce_upload/gallery_7193_1326_17286.gifOk - I can't figure out how to get an image on here but changing the layout a little has got the icons to sit near the points they control, Thank you Ray. If I could I'd show you what I've done. R-

When you hit reply you get the reply dialogue box along with any 'coloured' text from a previous reply if you opted for that.

Now look at the row of icons along the top of this box B I U " link and 2 for photos - one is for insert of edit an image and the other is for upload an image.

The easiest way is to drop an image you want to upload onto your desktop (easily found then) and use this last button to upload it.

Here is an example from my railway desktop files.

/media/tinymce_upload/gallery_7193_1326_172861.gifOk - I can't figure out how to get an image on here but changing the layout a little has got the icons to sit near the points they control, Thank you Ray. If I could I'd show you what I've done. R-

Use the last botton on the top row of the reply screen

There won't be an image there because I could not work out how to upload one. If someone could enlighten me I would be obliged. R-

Along the top of the reply box are icons the last 2 of which are Insert/Edit Image and Upload an Image.

I used upload an image to browse for and upload a local pc image and nothing has appeared in the forum yet.

Insert an image appears to be used for images not on your local pc but found on the web as it asks for a URL.

Thats as clear as my pond. i think no images are appearing, cos nobody can work out how to do it, or admin are holding up masses of piccys. You would have thought given this great new service, there would be pictures galore. I wanted to see all these clever layouts. john

I have seen some photographs on here somewhere but I cant find them now. I have also seen that some folk have been able to post their RM track layouts, but I can't find those either now.

If anyone knows how to do one or both of these things perhaps they could let the rest of us know? R-

I have seen some photographs on here somewhere but I cant find them now. I have also seen that some folk have been able to post their RM track layouts, but I can't find those either now.

If anyone knows how to do one or both of these things perhaps they could let the rest of us know? R-

Hi RogerB

I use Screen Hunter software, it is FREE.

With it you can grab a screen or part screen and save the file

What I also like is you can open the page to save, open Screen Hunter on top, set location to save and click to save, the slight delay allows the Screen Hunter box to disappear, allows you to move your mouse out of the way, and the screen image is taken.

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm

Then start a reply like I am doing now, click the grey image in the title of the comment box, and import your image.

Once you finalise the reply, and click to send it, you will need to wait for Hornby to approve it.

I hope the above helps you

PJ

I use Screen Hunter software, it is FREE.

I hope the above helps you

PJ

Thanks PJ - I'm sure it will. I have a bat flattery on the laptop at the moment (using Mac now) so will give it a go when it's back in service. Thanks, R-

I posted a picture last Friday that has not appeared yet.

Has anyone else seen any pictures on here, at all, ever- or do I need to get new glasses? R-

Hi R-,

I've been out all day, so I've missed all of these messages. Ok when you have a Window open, such as Railmaster, if you press Ctrl + Prt.Scr. on your pc keyboard, Windows will take a copy of the current Window and put the image onto the Windows clipboard. If you then open, for example, Microsoft Paint.exe, which comes free with every (I think) flavour of Windows, then press Ctrl+V it will paste the captured image into that program. You can then Save it as a file. The default .PNG file type is acceptable. Then you can press the right hand button on the Reply window in the Forum (which has "Upload an image" displayed if you hover your cursor over it), then press the "Select File" button and find the file you just saved.

This is the way I did it at the weekend, but, of course, it wasn't accepted until sometime on Monday.

My layout images are in here:-

https://www.hornby.com/forum/blue-lines-corrupting-layout-display/?p=1

Ray

I posted a picture last Friday that has not appeared yet.

Has anyone else seen any pictures on here, at all, ever- or do I need to get new glasses? R-

Hi RogerB

Hornby Forum Admin are approving images.

Don't forget where you submitted it, often a lot more messages come in but when approved it goes on the time slot for submission not approval.

I put an image in here today, approved.

https://www.hornby.com/forum/post/view/topic_id/7606/?p=5

I put an image in at the weekend, Graskie did also both approved, see here

https://www.hornby.com/forum/hornby-stock/?p=1

PJ

Archived