Loco Detection availability - Let's start a sweep

RDS

Very interesting guys but could I respectfully ask you to read the title of this thread and in particular, the first post, ".. Just a date required.."

I have been trying to keep track of our guesses and they are getting difficult to find, amongst the fascinating discussion of Pizza's and what LD will / will not do.

What we are all interested in is, When?

I will publish the latest table of dates (assuming I can locate them all) tomorrow.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting guys but could I respectfully ask you to read the title of this thread and in particular, the first post, ".. Just a date required.."

I have been trying to keep track of our guesses and they are getting difficult to find, amongst the fascinating discussion of Pizza's and what LD will / will not do.

What we are all interested in is, When?

I will publish the latest table of dates (assuming I can locate them all) tomorrow.

Thank you RDS

And mine is a 10"" deep pan, onions, peppers, mushrooms and pepperoni  ;o)

PJ

Surely we've discussed the whole range of if/then/else commands that we can already see available by putting a sensor on the track plan and right clicking it and clicking on the command lines that then appear?

however, if you stop a loco on passing a sensor and the signal is red, then clearly you can only start it again via the signal change event, not anything in the detector, else it will sit there forever. 

Nice one Fishy. 

Are you still on holiday?

As stated a sensor responds to the instructions programmed as it passes over it and no more.

If an instruction was signal RED it remains RED but, we should remember, in most cases, a signal turns RED. when a train 'passes' it. basically stopping any other train entering the block.  A RED signal leaving a station platform or siding may be different, they wait for an instruction, a change in priority, Stop until the change is Go or Go with caution.

PJ

Sorry for the delay in adding the new table but I have just spent the last 4 days wading through 14 pages of mostly non -related text about signals and Pizza's (you know who you are!)

Date............Members id................Days to go

12/11/2014...RAF96............................-31

22/11/2014...Cuthbert.........................-21

22/11/2014...idlemarvel......................-21

10/02/2015...Fishmanoz.....................59

21/03/2015...Phul007..........................98

01/04/2015...PJ_model_trains..........109

12/04/2015...yelrow...........................120

01/05/2015...MetmanUK...................139

02/08/2015...tibrahim........................232

04/05/2016...mcrook62 (2)...............508

07/05/2016...RDS.............................511

18/09/2017...mcrook62...................1010

If you would like to enter our sweep, just a date is required.  Please don't hit the 'reply' button because the table is unlikely to be formatted correctly if you do. 

Sorry for the delay in adding the new table but I have just spent the last 4 days wading through 14 pages of mostly non -related text about signals and Pizza's (you know who you are!)

Date............Members id................Days to go

12/11/2014...RAF96............................-31

22/11/2014...Cuthbert.........................-21

22/11/2014...idlemarvel......................-21

10/02/2015...Fishmanoz.....................59

21/03/2015...Phul007..........................98

01/04/2015...PJ_model_trains..........109

12/04/2015...yelrow...........................120

01/05/2015...MetmanUK...................139

02/08/2015...tibrahim........................232

04/05/2016...mcrook62 (2)...............508

07/05/2016...RDS.............................511

18/09/2017...mcrook62...................1010

If you would like to enter our sweep, just a date is required.  Please don't hit the 'reply' button because the table is unlikely to be formatted correctly if you do. 

That is a good way to keep everything together Rob

+ 31 May 2015 

2017  LOL  where is your faith in Hornby mcrook62?

We can chat and discuss LD (as we do) and together we have learnt a lot.

But there is one area I think a number of us have concerns, obviously as we do not have LD yet but, it is a concern that affects how we are planning, I think.

What is the concern.

It is... will LD and programs work together without affecting timings, what happens if a program route starts as it should, expecting to get from A to B, in x time, and it stops at a Red signal. Delaying the train and putting all the timings out. Or does the timer stop and restart when the train restarts?

HRMS you can see how far we have got, you can see our concern, can you give us some sort of reply on this. It doesn't affect the patent or anything else you need at present to keep safe prior to LD launch?  We thank you and look forward to hopefully receiving a reply that will no doubt excite us even more  ;-)

PJ

I am not worried about loco detection, it is coming, it will be good.

I am more concerned when signalling will be complete and working including feathers and more third psrty signals and decoders in RM for automatic selection and configuration. If the patent and manufacturing was done now they wouldn't release LD until they were completed, released and working.

I know now through testing, the signal sequence bug of Y, YY, G where G is R is over come when using programming and if we can program LD like we program a program now, every signal a separate call in the programming it will work with no glitch  ;-)

PJ

We know LD will not be available until Spring at the earliest but, it is not a bad thing to discuss what we think we will be able to do with it, we have snippits in the RM guide and know the controls we will be able to set in the LD track icons, a small number we do not know exactly but most are pretty clear.

Thinking ahead and planning, I feel, is very important

On 2 December HRMS said...

Please bear in mind that multi-aspect and relaying signalling is a major new area in RailMaster.  We decided, when implementing this system, that we wanted it to be as simple as possible to set up and operate, which is why RailMaster supports a specific range of signals as well as ones you can set up from scratch.  We do not know of any other software that has built in templates for known signal makes to enable the quick and simple set-up of those signals.  Remember also that all signalling must interact with Loco Detection, and although you cannot see this functionality yet, we have to test it to ensure that it all works seamlessly together.

We want to support all of the major (and some minor) brands of signals to allow the widest variety of signals within the program.  We need to be careful to ensure that all of these signals work with all of the accessory decoders and you will appreciate this takes time.

At present, we are concentrating on making every current area of RailMaster as robust as possible, including signalling without adding new features for the next few months.

The next few updates will continue to include these minor bug fixes, new loco and accessory decoders and polishing of some rough edges we might find.  As the software becomes more sophisticated, with more interelation between functions, there are bound to be minor issues which arise from time to time, which need to be nipped in the bud.  We do monitor the forums and note things that need to be done, no matter how minor.  It all helps to enhance the RailMaster experience.

Hi Fishy

I noticed that.  My guess of a date in 2016 is looking reasonable.  However, I am not surprised that Hornby have not provided a date.  Just think of the hassle they would get if they were about 20 minutes late!