ver 1.57

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All Just run RM 1.57 for the first time and get a dialogue box coming up when I go into voice recognition saying The following loco function names are invalid and have been ignored. You should change the function buttons name.

Shunt

Shunt

Shunt

I have closed and opened RM again and again and keep getting this box. I tick the green tick and start using VR Despite it saying Shunt no longer recognised the voice recognition worked great and Shunt was recognised. An odd dialogue box, has anyone else had it. Note the Stop command still not working (in my case it opens windows 8 screen) but Loco Stop still okay. thanks Malcolm

Hi All Just run RM 1.57 for the first time and get a dialogue box coming up when I go into voice recognition saying The following loco function names are invalid and have been ignored. You should change the function buttons name.

Shunt

Shunt

Shunt

I have closed and opened RM again and again and keep getting this box. I tick the green tick and start using VR Despite it saying Shunt no longer recognised the voice recognition worked great and Shunt was recognised. An odd dialogue box, has anyone else had it. Note the Stop command still not working (in my case it opens windows 8 screen) but Loco Stop still okay. thanks Malcolm

Hello Mal

It does sound strange. I got a similar situation the other day, I had set Duke of Gloucester with sound, I went to edit and use the letters TTS instead of sound as they take up less space. Not realising it had created another train with the same ID setting and name. It wasn't until I tried to reload RM I got an error message saying they were both invalid and ignored.

Have a look in your loco settings and see if you have anything more than once, a shunt train or something similar.

If not I am not sure what the problems is.

PJ

Thanks PJ, I have posted this loads of times myself previously but just couldn't lay my hands on it.

Having saud that I may hold off from installing it, in view of some of the recent comments.

Hi RDS

I had to look back at previous emails myself to get the link.

I wouldn't worry to much with the upgrade, most of the issues are ongoing and not sorted.

There is not a lot new as you will see from the list, seeing signal and point programming is a major improvement but, only important if you want to use them.

PJ

Thanks PJ, I have posted this loads of times myself previously but just couldn't lay my hands on it.

Having saud that I may hold off from installing it, in view of some of the recent comments.

Tip - right click on the Powerpos link above and select Save Shortcut from the pop up menu.

Select your Desktop as the place to save it.

Now right click that shortcut and select Properties.

Click on Advanced and tick Run As Administrator.

OK your way back out of it and you will always have a simple way to get incremental updates (if any more) and they will run as Admin, so they should install without problems.

Shunt

Shunt

Shunt

Hello Mal

It does sound strange. I got a similar situation the other day, I had set Duke of Gloucester with sound, I went to edit and use the letters TTS instead of sound as they take up less space. Not realising it had created another train with the same ID setting and name. It wasn't until I tried to reload RM I got an error message saying they were both invalid and ignored.

Have a look in your loco settings and see if you have anything more than once, a shunt train or something similar.

PJ

Thanks PJ thought your response might have been the answer but nothing has changed since the prior version 1.56(as amended) and only reference to shunt is the official title of the engine from the Hornby list. One of those oddities but all works so will live with it until perhaps RM come up with a possibility. I do hate unwanted dialogue boxes though that you cannot stop popping up but not the end of the world thanks again Malcolm

Shunt

Shunt

Shunt

Hello Mal

PJ

Thanks PJ thought your response might have been the answer but nothing has changed since the prior version 1.56(as amended) and only reference to shunt is the official title of the engine from the Hornby list. One of those oddities but all works so will live with it until perhaps RM come up with a possibility. I do hate unwanted dialogue boxes though that you cannot stop popping up but not the end of the world thanks again Malcolm

Hello Malcolm

I only mentioned it as a similarish situation ;o)

The best course of action is HRMS

You did right to question it and report it. A problem lurking can cause other isssues they are always best corrected as soon as possible. HRMS will sort it, they may want to access your system, if they do it is easy and risk free. They do a good job.

PJ

Certain words are reserverd by the Voice Control system, "Shunt", "Cruise" and "Stop" among them, therefore you cannot use these as loco function names. You will have typed these in when setting up your locos. Just find the loco which has this reserved word and change it to something else, like "Shunt mode" or "Shunting", otherwise it will confuse RailMaster's Voice Control system.

PJ

Admin edit: Tidied up the links

I have always used rm-setup.exe to download from powerpos. Has this changed or can you use either ?

Interesting point westernwill

I took the link off a previous email, so it appears it has changed as you say to http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe

Clicking the link previously added by myself is now dead Error 404 page may have moved or been deleted.

I have created a download icon and placed it on my desktop now using the URL above with rm_setup.exe although if future downloads are automatic I shouldn't need it.

rm_setup in the link in this message is the correct link

I am surprised HRMS didn't spot this when they edited the post. But, they are very busy ;o)

Thank you

PJ

I generally used to download direct from powerpos but didn't bother this time, using the Hornby download prompt itself. Everything seems to be fine so far. Is there still an advantage in downloading from powerpos, ie more updated than using Hornby?

Hi Graskie

Same download unless HRMS slip in a fix for someone and don't say except for the person th fix is for.

Automatic downloads have to be better for everyone, HMRS included.

I think they should just make all updates available for auto download and say nothing.

I also think instead of using the word 'revision' (rev#) which sounds like a repair, they should call them all 'updates' as many will be just that, maybe adding a third party item to a list or similar for example.

Do away with revision and just call each update 1.57.1, 1.57.2 etc until the next major update then start again at 1.58, 1.58.1 etc

But these are just my thoughts and HRMS may think differently from their prospective.

PJ

To my memory over the last few years, HRMS has only used revisions on two occasions, both after major new releases. The first time was when the handheld apps first appeared. In hindsight, these could best have been described as beta versions and the users were the testers. Revisions were released by separate download from Powerpos at a rapid rate for a couple of months until these became stable. I'm not complaining about this a process either. Yes, we had to participate in the development process for them, but it got the apps working well faster this way.

The other occasion is now - v1.56.

So revisions they use to fix bugs, updates to improve capability and bugs on occasion too.

So id expect we are now back to "normal transmission" for a while without the need for revisions.

To my memory over the last few years, HRMS has only used revisions on two occasions, both after major new releases. The first time was when the handheld apps first appeared. In hindsight, these could best have been described as beta versions and the users were the testers. Revisions were released by separate download from Powerpos at a rapid rate for a couple of months until these became stable. I'm not complaining about this a process either. Yes, we had to participate in the development process for them, but it got the apps working well faster this way.

The other occasion is now - v1.56.

So revisions they use to fix bugs, updates to improve capability and bugs on occasion too.

So id expect we are now back to "normal transmission" for a while without the need for revisions.

Hi Fishy

Although I agree with what you say, things are getting more complex all the time.

Automating updates has worked well, maybe they were concerned that to many customers wouldw download at once adding demand to the server, releasing at 10.30 at night was a good idea, although not planned that way on this occassion. Automatic updates must be easier for everyone and if the customer hasn't time or wants to wait and see feedback they can still say 'no' not yet.

PJ

My 1.57 Findings (reported to HRMS);

You may recall that I had assistance in getting my Train-tech “2 Aspect Home” signals to correctly change associated points and vis versa. This concluded with everything working under 1.56 Rev 9 although I did report “4 Point Pulses”.

Unfortunately under 1.57 Rev 0 the Train-tech signals are no longer working as they should. When I first click on the signal the point will change but further clicks keep pulsing the point in the same direction however the signal itself does change though. This is the same for all my signals. Also, clicking on the point dots changes the points but do not change the signals anymore. Any suggestions? (Reverting back to 1.56 Rev 9 the signals & points once again work correctly).

Other Observations;

1) The “Locomotive CV Settings” window would always remember the values read from the decoder. With 1.57, this information is not remembered i.e. when returning to the Locomotive CV Settings window the values are all blank again.

2) Similar to above, if I open an existing locos CV Settings window that I have never opened in 1.57 previously, I can see the CV values logged from 1.56 but if I close and go back in, the settings are cleared.

3) The resent Hornby releases, e.g. the P2, Santa Express, are not appearing in the loco library?

4) A random one which only occurred once, when setting up my P2 loco, when I closed the “set up locomotives window” the loco control section on the right of the screen was completely grey and the small blue squares which show progress of the panel refresh froze. Only fix was to close RM.

5) On one occasion, when opening the “select locomotive” window, all the locos had the same icon (I think it was loco 001) and there was a strange flicking on the window. Only fix was to close RM.

Just downloaded the latest rm_setup.exe and noticed the download is now over 80MB, was just over 60. Still version 1.57 V0 but the railmaster.exe file is now a different size to about a week ago too and date stamped 18/11/14. Cannot tell any differences, must be a very minor change?

Archived