Re-designation of loco in railmaster with Elink

I have two locks designated as 03 in the loco window, can I change this withou fitting a new Dcc decoder.

Also how do I make it recognise another loco that I purchase?

cheers John

John, welcome to the forum.

You do not need to change a decoder just to change the address.

It is done by reprogramming the existing decoder to the id you choose.

Any additional loco's that you buy will be exactly the same in that you program the decoder with the address you want.

You will see mention of doing this task on a programming track. This is just to ensure that it is the only loco on the track at the time. It could actually be your main track as long as there are no other loco's on there at the time. If there are, they will all be programmed with the new id.

I don't have e-link myself but there are adequate instructions with the e-link to explain the process. Id 03 is the default address and any new loco's you purchase will have this address, so you need to change both of your existing loco's to something other than 03.

There are a number of steps to changing a loco ID and they are fully covered in the manual. Can I suggest you start by reading that part of the manual then come back and ask for clarification of anything you don't understand.

Remember you need to start by swapping to the program output of your eLink and ensure the loco you wish to program is the only one on the track you have connected.

Archived