Attend Warley? How was it and do you have any news?

Augustus Caesar

I needed to show just how expensive a show can be. The figure we were quoted was no doubt miles wrong, and we didn't run with it but I have broken down the cost of a major show for you. Back to the trains.

Warley is a small old hall on NEC site. I know from the past some of our large wholesalers were in the big halls in the main building. Stand cost were large, then adding on to this transportation of goods, wages for staff, accommodation for three days the cost in total was in excess of £60k. But these were large stands in the large halls in the main building. A lot of money. But unlike Warley they were wholesalers, they took large orders for show deals, they took pre-orders for stock coming, they picked up leads for new business. Prior to retiring after selling the business our last order, to one of the big wholesalers was £18k. It was big business with a large price tag.

Warley will be less costly that is for sure, but no doubt still expensive, more expensive than smaller shows around the country because it is the NEC.

At last you admit that the stand prices quoted were WHOLESALERS and MANUFACTUERS not for retailers

When I have quoted on the forum I have stated the prices I quoted were wholesalers stands and additional costs, I have not quoted any price per foot costs.

PJ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Warley is a small old hall on NEC site"

Warley exhibition is held in Hall 5 which happens to be one of the biggest halls available

Was the exhibition in the same hall as last year?

I agree hall 5 is the biggest. Often this is misleading as many shows take up 3 or 4 halls, a lot to get round especially when they are close to each other but you often forget they are grouped.

I'm not a great fan of DCC sound on OO but it sounds excellent on O gauge upwards, so these are the layouts I make for. There's a couple that are just shed layouts and I could watch them all day especially if I have my extra large backpack to block the view of others.

I have been browsing YouTube for Warley show videos. There are some good ones on there. I have not watched it yet but noted it to do so, I think I saw an O gauge diesel with working exhaust. I saw first few minutes and noted it to come back to.

Some videos are good... some look like they were on a tarmpoline whilst filming!!! But none had backpacks so that was a good start ;o)

I'm not a great fan of DCC sound on OO but it sounds excellent on O gauge upwards, so these are the layouts I make for. There's a couple that are just shed layouts and I could watch them all day especially if I have my extra large backpack to block the view of others.

I'm guessing it was you I always end up standing behind! Lol.

well nice to hear that hornby had a stand at the warley show, shame that they didnt bother with the ally pally show earlier this year.

Hi preston

This was discussed earlier in the year, from memory we concluded they were best not at that show as they were still sorting manufacturers, tooling and stock from China.  With no stock they would have just received complaints hopefully 2015 will be much better and their presence will be seen more  ;-)

PJ

• 8 years later...