2 trains both responding to same cv

Yelrow

An odd thing has occured. when i ran my bon accord 012, clearly the right setting, nothing happened. When i ran the tornado TTS, still at 003, both responded. I, immediatelyremoved 012, put in on prog track, but it says unable to read. The other one, 003, is perfect.  Bon accord has run together with the other on proper own numbers without fault for months. Now it will not run. Over to experts. why did it try to clone. john

Hi. poliss, no i did not remember that, t thought that provided you used prog track, eg 2 pieces of un connected track , you were safe. So, if i remove all locos, except faulty one, bring up this one on screen, enter 8 into cv8, it should work. Thanks, will try tomorrow, as down to 2 degrees in t tennis room at the moment. much obliged. john

Hi, Graskie, the part i am struggling with was how to get the cv of the loco on the screen without trying to read it from the prog track. I am not very up on  cvs, know how to change, but never had this before. First i had heard of a spike. I had not understood you could look at cvs, other than by reading them. john

Hi. poliss, no i did not remember that, t thought that provided you used prog track, eg 2 pieces of un connected track , you were safe. So, if i remove all locos, except faulty one, bring up this one on screen, enter 8 into cv8, it should work. Thanks, will try tomorrow, as down to 2 degrees in t tennis room at the moment. much obliged. john

Hi John,  this has been discussed previously but, only a small number of people have experienced the problem when writing Cv's.

Some say remove all your trains from the track when writing CV on program track. I just disconnect the power to the track whilst I do it, I find it easier to do it this way.

As poliss says type 8 or 008 in CV 8 and write it and it sets all CV's to manufacturers settings. I think this is NMRA compliant standard, someone will confirm this for sure, I know it works with my B*mann trains also.

PJ

RDS replaced four decoders BEFORE they all failed at once - - ?

Really? How did you know they were going to fail? And all at the same time?

:-)    :-)    :-)

Read my comment on another thread about reading what you wrote BEFORE you post it!

Does it say what you mean, or what you think you said?  :-)

No. I didn't mean reset the decoders on the main track. I was just pointing out the warning about having other locos on the track as an example for why you don't need to know the address to reset decoders.

Most, but not all, manufacturers decoders are reset by entering 8 into CV8. If your decoder is made by another manufacturer check the cocumentation that came with it.

Poliss, hi, just ventured into cold, and  reset 8 to 8, now perfedt, back to normal thanks. One other question, have a blue box dcc, which i placed on prog track, and it read cv. When it got to speed, message said email hornby support. Presume this means decoder not on RM list How do i set speed, as when i put on track, it does not move. john

Read my comment on another thread about reading what you wrote BEFORE you post it!

Does it say what you mean, or what you think you said?  :-)

Hi 2e0dtoeric

Well spotted!  I certainly did not replace them before they failed.

Fishy, all a mystery to me, decoder is no 143, which according to RM message, i have to email cv7 and cv8 to RM support. Presume this is so they can add it on their decoder list. Its made by Model Rectifier corp. Reason for mentioning speed cvs, is that it does not move, having given it new cv1 no, and i thought i might have to adjust something, to make it do so. CV 29. reads 000 99 20 29 0 40. If you can make anything out of this great. john

Fishy, all a mystery to me, decoder is no 143, which according to RM message, i have to email cv7 and cv8 to RM support. Presume this is so they can add it on their decoder list. Its made by Model Rectifier corp. Reason for mentioning speed cvs, is that it does not move, having given it new cv1 no, and i thought i might have to adjust something, to make it do so. CV 29. reads 000 99 20 29 0 40. If you can make anything out of this great. john

They just need that info to update their database as you say. Just a nag response that can be ignored.

cv29 - in rm when it has read the cv value on the prog track you can double click cv29 value and get a tick list instead of having to do hard sums to get it to do what you want.

rob

Archived