Constant running

Tonita

It might also be poor track connections some where. might be time to upgrade the bus. If the joints are only relying on push fit fish plates then they must be cvleaned and soldered up for reliability as they tend to corrode after a period of time. I've had a similar problem and this was cured by adding extra droppers from the bus.

It is not recommended to solder fishplates. The track must be allowed to expand and contract. Fishplates don't corrode,(unless using steel ones). Tiny sparks are generated at the joins, which leads to electrical crud building up over time, causing high resistance.

Tonita, it would be good if you could reply and start by answering Rog's question.  It aims to find out if you have what is called DC runaway whereby a loco goes flat out and can only be stopped by turning off the DCC supply.

poliss's suggestion is a good one too as a lot of funny things csn be fixed by resetting the controller.

Given your other locos work, this is an indication your track is ok.  I suspect you will only have one connection to your track from the Select, so you can forget about talk of more connections for now, and as poliss says do not solder fishplates.  But I would certainly be making sure it is clean, as are the wheels of your loco.  And that the pickups are properly tensioned against the wheels.

All hypothesis though until you tell us more.

@Fishmanoz

I agree but Tonita does not have a good record when it comes to replying.  3 new topics raised, going back as far as August 2013, plenty of members rushing to help, no responses at all.

Archived