Rolling road not working

gasway

Can anybody help me. I have just bought a Hornby rolling road,but cannot seem to get any of my dcc locks to work on it. There is power to the track,but when loco wheels rest on the rollers nothing happens.Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I take it you mean the Hornby R8211 Rolling Road that was originally released by Hornby for 'Live Steam' models.

Following pasted from Hatton's web site.

"Can be used with either analogue or digital/DCC controllers. Only loco's that have drive at one end of their bodies (eg 1 powered bogie or any steam loco) or 3 axle loco's can be used on this rolling road"

The rollers ARE connected electrically to their respected tracks so tender pick-up locos can easily be run. It is important to tighten each roller screw after re-positioning for the loco wheels to ensure electrical conductivity. Also the RR must be connected to the track output on the controller for running as opposed to Programming. HB

Chrissaf's edit is not entirely gospel because it is quite easy to run a twin bogie drive diesel with one bogie on the rollers and the other end supported while overhanging at the rollers end. Have done this many times no problem. HB.

Archived