Edit function playing up again (Admin edit: Fixed)

Guest Chrissaf

Don't know if just me in isolation, but when I edit a post. The mauve highlight strip appears with the 'updating post' comment. It just then sits there and does nothing more, just saying 'updating post'.

I don't click 'send' again as this will likely duplicate the reply. I wait a minute and then use the browser 'page back' button and then go back into the thread and find my edit has been successfully accepted without duplication.

This has been happening all morning on different posts in different threads, so not just a 'one off' glitch.

Ditto here Chris - I thought it was just my browser being slow as I am concurrently downloading torrents for 7 x complete TV series,

Before anyone gets excited about this please note that my ISP has no limits or restrictions against such downloads like UK has put in place recently.

Safari is ..... not working correctly. Have to leave post and come back to see the edit. Can't upload directly on hitting green SAVE key, just get "updating post" below the text box. R-

Just occasionally when using the Blue reply button to an existing post. You write your reply in the white area below the yellow quote box. Then click reply and the page freezes. If you do a page refresh you end up with a duplicate post. If instead of refresh you use the browser back button and then go back into the thread, the post appears as expected.

So in other words the Blue post reply is accepted but the forum page doesn't refresh to display it, in the same way that posting an edit doesn't auto refresh and display the edit. Using Firefox 37.0.2

Using the bottom Green reply process seems to work without issue.

Ditto

At the point of pressing Save the dialogue says updating page but at page top it says page successfully saved but the page does not refresh in IE11 to show these changes until you exit the page or press the curly refresh arrow in the browser address bar..

Archived