Just for fun...kits we don't want to see again!

The current tooling of the 1:72 StüG III assault gun (marketed as something like "German Assault gun")

Come on, Airfix. you must have noticed it still has "AIRFIX MODELS, 1960" cast into the baseplate? This kit is 55 years old. At least five different rival manufacturers have topped this with models of this subject which are more accurate, more detailed and far superior. Setting the Airfix kit next to the Revell version is not kind. The moulds have had half a century of use and must be beyond clapped out by now.

The model is an embarrassment. Retire it. And please upgrade it!

My vote is the DH88 Comet - a lovely aeroplane but a model that badly needs replacing!

Agree 100%. this needs melting down permanently and a new tool made with a cockpit interior this time... If such an Aircraft was wanted of course.

• 1 month later...

Footballers.....why?

I once saw a really imaginative convert of the old Airfix footballers where they were placed on weighted large half-spheres as a 1:32 Subbuteo set. That degre of active imagination is worth the issue of the set any day!

• 11 months later...

Quite frankly, Airfix are so terribly dated in these (modern) days. They should concentrate on something NEW or just abandon all operations in Polystyrene Kits and call it a day. Even my local Hobby Store says they rarely stock or order Airfix products, as what they produce are vastly inferior to other Brands.

This is made even more manifest by this "KitStarter" effort - in which original imperfections will be ignored - no re-tooling to correct or improve them... etc, etc, ad nauseum !!

Archived