Bristol slot car club

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

An old post!  But yes, have just moved close to Bristol (BS20) and have a pemanent layout - and looking for someone to race against.

Chas

Hi Chas,

spotted your post, while looking for a Club in the Bristol area, would you believe it, I live on the coast road between Clevedon and Portishead.

I'm a bit "rusty" not had a set for a while, but it would be fun to race on a permanant layout.

I would need to "borrow" a car from you to race, but if I don't make a complete idiot of myself I would happily buy myself a "team".

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Paul.

An old post!  But yes, have just moved close to Bristol (BS20) and have a pemanent layout - and looking for someone to race against.

Chas

Hi Chas,

spotted your post, while looking for a Club in the Bristol area, would you believe it, I live on the coast road between Clevedon and Portishead.

I'm a bit "rusty" not had a set for a while, but it would be fun to race on a permanant layout.

I would need to "borrow" a car from you to race, but if I don't make a complete idiot of myself I would happily buy myself a "team".

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

We went a bit off topic there, but, if you are still interested, it doesn't matter about being rusty or not having cars.  They are there to have fun with, not worrying about knocking off a wing mirror in a crash!  I race for fun, not to win.

Cheers

Chas

Hi Chas,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Normally the Ship would be perfect, but I'm currently having cancer treatment (Neck) and unfortunately have to try and keep away from lots of folk if I can avoid it, because the chemo reduces my risk of catching stuff.

I've signed up for the slotracer.online forum that was suggested (same user name) so via PM we could exchange mobiles then txt contact info.

How does that sound?

I also have a slight problem with meeting at a Pub, I presently can't swallow anything, I have all my food and drink, via a tube. Sounds gross but works well.

Regards,

Paul

• 5 months later...

Hi Andy,

I've been trying, on and off, to post a couple of pictures of my track, but I am continually getting the message '403 FORBIDDEN' Had the same message when I tried to post some pictures of the Triumphs that I have converted from Scalextrix/Ocar/PSR....

Any idea as to what's up?

Cheers

Chas

Aperently something has gone extremely pear shaped with the form software and it is being looked into but given pandemic, resources (time and money) and priorities it is taking time to sort out.

Another community moderator has posted that if you are using a mobile device to save the photo to the Files folder which converts the file to JPEG (I think) that the forum likes better than trying to upload directly.

If you are using a computer I recommend usign IrafnView to maybe reduce the resolution and save it as JPEG and try to upload it there.

Let me know if that helps and also feel free to contact the forum admin forum@hornby.com as well as customer service at the right.

The more messages they get about the issue the higher they will prioritize it...

Thanks and let me know how it goes!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...