Is Airfix Rreally Listening To Club Members?

comic69

since joining the members club a few days ago i cannot but help to notice on social media sites in particular facebook the growing comments on the club exclusives and the lack of any been made available for a while what is going on after all if your core members are getting fedup then surely airfix should be listening and doing something about or perhaps airfix is out of touch with the needs of it,s members i had a choice of three kits to spend my voucher on really should be more to choose from when your paying money to be a member of this club

I said EXACTLY the same thing in the cars section a week ago.

No response whatever which only makes me think I hit a nerve.

I now really believe that Airfix has their own list of re-releases, and they will get them out when each one gets a few requests.

That way, it 'looks' as if they are releasing what we request.

Are we wrong Airfix?

I have to agree to the above also. My issues are:

1/ £20 voucher is limited to club models- there are hardly any club models currently available and I have currently 2 of each since 2010

2/ Club models are available to non club members (in recent Black Friday/winter sale)

3/ No new club models for ages- also please, no more spitfires- how about some cold war jets etc

4/ Flying Hours changes and excessive P&P charges... c'mon Airfix, lets reward people who support you.

My main gripe is point 1- this needs to be addressed asap as coupled with point 3, means that the club has increasingly little value, especially as kits can often be obtained cheaper from other retailers. I am seriously considering not renewing unless something changes... Comments Airfix?

I was delighted when one of my partners kids brought me a club membership for Christmas, however so far it has been a real anticlimax. As others have already stated the lack of club special models, the availability of the few there are and the fact they have been readily available to non members is very disappointing, as is the lack of offical feedback on the situation.

It feels like I've just joined a club that the organisor (in this case Airfix) has lost interest in and is hoping that if it ignores the club for long enough it qill quietly die off.

I've not been able to find any "official" responses from Airfix on the future of the club or their plans for it (but I don't use facebook or other social media, there may be posts on there I am not aware of), has anyone else been able to find any official feedback?

• 1 month later...

I must admit ,as a very new member (joined to trade in my collection of flying hours..... It doesn't seem worth it considering any kit i wanted to redeem is permanently out of stock ..plus the £4.98 p&p....the club kit choise is yet ANOTHER SPITFIRE..(i only built 1/48 aircraft)....which isnt too exclusive as can be bought elsewhere 

C"mon Airfix please recify this shambles 

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is yes, but apparently theyre too busy with other stuff. And If admin can only get here from time to time then I guess you'll get one when they're ready. I did hear that they're binning club exclusives totally on a social Media site, but Is it true ? only time will tell. 

• 2 months later...

Archived