uksqueezea

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Barn Find Scalextric Maserati 250f

/media/tinymce_upload/3b66242b7aadc1033c1e2cf90a44a325.png

To create the body paint effect, I sanded down an old unit, and spraypainted the whole body silver aluminium,

Then painted the whole car green , then carefully sanded off the green paint with a little wet and dry sandpaper.

The exhaust pipes are Copper coloures water based paint. 

I have a little wait until the braid gets here for this new track. This new circuit is to go in a store front to display Plane and Tank models, the track will also have a button installed to allow children to run a car around the perimeter taxiways of an airfield and across the runway. From a safe distnce of course. I'm just experimenting with some straw bale ideas here. ..and of course another chance to take a photo of one of my favourite Scalextric Ferrari.

/media/tinymce_upload/70752f50d83012285c2cb02495d0c9f1.png

Here is my "Monaco Grand Prix 1961". Stirling Moss leads the Sharknoses out of the tunnel. Not accurate but great fun! :)

/media/tinymce_upload/46642dcc5c5a3da1da66b3448f4406f0.png

Here he leads the field through the "Station Hairpin". I have used a mirror to duplicate the railway station due to space restrictions.

/media/tinymce_upload/4f55b8b47d4eee451513dd4712f1f6a8.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder why the pictures only show on the last couple of pages? I get little black boxes with the dreaded X in them on the first 7 pages. From what the pictures look like on the last couple pages I would like to see them all as uksqueezea is very talanted. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just to explain this little track a little better, its obviously a very simple little loop, mean't to depict the running of the 1955 Mille Miglia and the car that Sir Stirling Moss drove and averaged 99mph/h for the 1000km race. ..when he was just 25 yrs old!!.  This 20ft layout has been placed in the front store window of our local slot car retailer situated here in Margate, Queensland, Australia. Situated amoungst a row of small retail outlets, its great to see all the little faces run up and down the footpath and race the car as their parents wait for the local shops to get their take away evening meals ready. It also has a little "Mouse Hole" where the car turns and runs from view inside the shop, only to re-emerge to the shrieks of delight and the footrace begins again. 

/media/tinymce_upload/86cb1032e5a5c7a1e7b9e06f0c3b2513.png

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly different to the normal car photo. This Billboard was made using large BBQ matches and normal PVA wood-glue.  Then it was painted duck egg green, and then a light touch with a white dry brush so it looks a little weathered. The middle of the billboard has been censored prior to posting here, as it contains an advert for an alcoholic beverage. The smaller advert bill postings are just normal paper out of the printer with some adverts for some upcoming events at a racetrack somewhere. I just water down some PVA glue and spread it out on the back of the paper then apply to the billboard timber. Simple!/media/tinymce_upload/15aa4716f6e89564a949412a9f55bdb4.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...