Illogical Ordering in default setting 'Recommend'

Nick_

The  sort order used for the default 'recommend' seems totally wrong!

Select Locomotives and I see a few available locos followed by pages of 'out of stock' and 'sold out', followed by a few pages of 'pre-order' and then finally pages with a mixture of Available and 'pre-order'.

Surely if you actually want people to buy stuff the default order should be 'Available locos' followed by Pre-order' and finally 'out o stock' and 'sold out'?

@WTD - then select the 'Name A-Z' or 'Code A-Z' option. It just seems crazy to me that Hornby are 'Recomending' items that you simply can't buy. Is somebody who is looking for something to purchase going to wade through page after page of 'Out of Stock' or 'Sold out' before they find anything they can actually put in their basket? If you're not a forum user, it make it look like hornby has a stock control problem (perhaps they do) and therefor perhaps not a company to buy from!

Think your making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Other sites are far worse. Go to Hattons and search for coaches. You get everything from a metre of Flexi track to a bag of couplings. 

Its nice to peruse the stock, see what they've got, see what's coming, see what's sold. I often come across something I hadn't thought of buying.  😆

@WTD - then select the 'Name A-Z' or 'Code A-Z' option. It just seems crazy to me that Hornby are 'Recomending' items that you simply can't buy. Is somebody who is looking for something to purchase going to wade through page after page of 'Out of Stock' or 'Sold out' before they find anything they can actually put in their basket? If you're not a forum user, it make it look like hornby has a stock control problem (perhaps they do) and therefor perhaps not a company to buy from!

I know how to change the order. I'd rather all similar items were together whether in stock or not. 

It's not really a problem looking through the pages is it?  🤔

It's not a problem for people who have the perseverence to click through all six, eight, or however many pages on the off chance they might find something interesting or when viewing the results of a search; but as Hornby's principal "home" retail storefront it does give a somewhat poor impression to a casual visitor if the first twenty or thirty items they come across are out of stock or not yet available.

You don't see the likes of Amazon filling the front of their online store with product they don't have because if someone has come to your shop front the likelihood is they want to buy something.  E.g. if I am looking to buy a gift for an occasion in the near future I don't care if item xyz was available three weeks ago (but is now sold out), or that item abc will be available the week after I want to give the present, I want to be able to peruse what is actually available to buy right now.

Archived