'NEW' Aston Martin DB5???

roy_fitzsimmonds

Sadly, for some strange reason Airfix seem to think that by putting an ancient kit in a 'new' box, they can somehow push it out as 'new'.

It's a DREADFUL kit.

Why don't Airfix accept it and sort it out if it's supposedly such a good seller - which it clearly is for them to re-issue it.

By shoving out the same old tat in a new box is doing them NO favours.

They fool a few 'oldies' who only get annoyed when they find the subterfuge, and just put off the newbies with a dire kit.

It's a no win either way.

Sadly, for some strange reason Airfix seem to think that by putting an ancient kit in a 'new' box, they can somehow push it out as 'new'.

It's a DREADFUL kit.

Why don't Airfix accept it and sort it out if it's supposedly such a good seller - which it clearly is for them to re-issue it.

By shoving out the same old tat in a new box is doing them NO favours.

They fool a few 'oldies' who only get annoyed when they find the subterfuge, and just put off the newbies with a dire kit.

It's a no win either way.

Well, just as Scalextric are doing a newly tooled E Type, they have a new DB5 (okay, it's clearly derived from their 007 model, but it's a start)

This one Patrick?

James Bond Aston Martin DB5

1/24 scale.

Available as 823 from 1966 to 1970.

Retooled as Aston Martin DB6 (832) 1969/70?

Actually it was this one.  My brother got it some time in the late 1960's and I salvaged the pieces a few years ago!

Does the retooled shell have the DB6's Kamm tail? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DB6#/media/File:1968_Aston_Martin_DB6_(16074088334).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This one Patrick?

James Bond Aston Martin DB5

1/24 scale.

Available as 823 from 1966 to 1970.

Retooled as Aston Martin DB6 (832) 1969/70?

Actually it was this one.  My brother got it some time in the late 1960's and I salvaged the pieces a few years ago!

Does the retooled shell have the DB6's Kamm tail? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DB6#/media/File:1968_Aston_Martin_DB6_(16074088334).jpg

yes, it did - I remember making mine something like 35 years ago... it was a lovely kit....

Archived