Airfix Modelworld Index

Sailorman

Does anyone know if there exists a good index for the magazine?

Failing that, I have,over the years, built up an excel spreadsheet which lists all the articles in the Airfix Modelworld Magazine from Issue 1 to date.  Being in excel it allows one to search by article title / subject / author / date etc.  If you search for say "Hurricane" it will tell you whcih articles appeared and the date of the magazine which then allows you to locate the magazine and the article. 

If anyone is interested in a copy just let me know.  It is work in progress since I keep updating it each month a with each new issue.  

Alternatively if you tell me the subject you are interested in I can tell you which issue you need to look for.

In the coming months I will do the same for the early Airfix Magazines.  I have most of them from the first issue in 1960 onwards.

Patrick

• 5 months later...

Yes, though I believe I still have to includethe last two issues.  The information is an excel file.   I have no objection to sharing it with website members.  

However there is no system for private messaging on this site and one is not permitted to post personal details such as emails. 

When one needs to transfer information one has to contact the administrator, explain the reason for the exchange of details and he would then contact the parties concerned himself to ensure there are no issues.

If you wish I will email the Administrator and try to sort this out.  I will need a day or two to update the spreadsheet.

I've no objection to sharing my spreadsheet for free with anyone who would like a copy.  However, I have another 4 or 5 issues still to input and I will then contact the site administrator about it.

Please do not post any personal details - email addresses etc on this site.

I'll should be able to sort everything out in the next couple of days.

• 4 weeks later...

At the risk of being cheeky, could I have a copy of the spread sheet aswell?  I only started reading AMW a couple of years back, but I have managed to purchase the missing back issues off ebay.  While I look forward to reading them properly, a spread sheet pointing out my next potential project would be brilliant!

Hoping that you can help.

Regards

D Hughes

OK Guys, the procedure to be followed is this:

1.  Send an email to the Administrator saying you'd like a copy of the spreadsheet.  His email address is:             forum@airfix.com

2.  He will send you my email address:

3.  You then send me an email request using the email address provided to you by the Administrator;

4.  I will then send you the spreadsheet by return email.

This ensures our email addresses do not appear in the forums.

Patrick

• 1 year later...

This is a great idea. I also take Finescale modeller (FSM) & for members they allow to search all of their back copies for articles run by the magazine.

Would that AMW publisher would do the same.

A year of FSM is $50 USD for the 10 editions they produce a year.including both print & digital editions. 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, though I believe I still have to includethe last two issues.  The information is an excel file.   I have no objection to sharing it with website members.  

However there is no system for private messaging on this site and one is not permitted to post personal details such as emails. 

When one needs to transfer information one has to contact the administrator, explain the reason for the exchange of details and he would then contact the parties concerned himself to ensure there are no issues.

If you wish I will email the Administrator and try to sort this out.  I will need a day or two to update the spreadsheet.

I have left an email as you suggest but no one has got back to me. We are looking for the 1st part of the Mulberry Harbour model article. Dad says he has parts 2 - 12 published between 1980 and 1985  and would really like to track down part 1 so were hoping your index would tell us Many thanks

Hello  Patrick , 

Is the index still available ? .To get  it is teh  method described  still  to be used ?

Thanks 

AAL 

Yes, it is available and I am coninually updating it.  I am also working on a spreadsheet of the old AIRFIX MAGAZINES starting from 1960.  That is taking some time to build up and yes, you would need to ask the administrator to send me your email address as we cannot put such personal information on this site.

• 2 years later...

HI, I'm afraid I didn't get your email. The index I have is for AIRFIX SCALE MODELWORLD. The first issue of that magazine came out in December 2010, hence well after the dates you gave.

I almost all of the old AIRFIX MAGAZINES from issue 1 in 1960 through to 1979, I also have quite a few from the 80's. Unfortunately I have never managed to index those copies but I will see what I can do. Can you give me the months or at least the year when the articles you wanted were printed?

Incidentally Mulberry Harbours were mentioned in the June 2012 issue of AIRFIX SCALE MODELWORLD.

There also was a whole issue of the New Civil Engineer - 3rd June 2009 issue - devoted to the complete story of the Mulberry Harbour design and construction. It is well worth reading. I have a copy somewhere.

Hmmm .... I'm quite willing to do that but I'm not sure how to go about it. There are two excel files with all the information in them but I've no idea whether I'm allowed to link them to this site ....or indeed whether that is even possible. Perhaps someone with better computer skills can help.

As I said earlier personal details can't be exchanged on this site.

What I can suggest is go to "modelwarships.com" and look me up in the gallery then send a message to me through that site.

I've checked my database.

I have inputted the details up to May 2021 though Oct 2019, Dec 2019 and July 2020 are missing.

I've managed to buy back copies of 5 magazines I am missing . Once they arrive I can update all the issues up to January of this year.

I will then only be missing 4 issues - Oct and Dec 2019 and Jan and Feb 2022.

However I am actively trying to get hold of copies so I should be able to update it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, Yes I am still updating it. Bear with me. I had 11 issues missing and I have managed to purchase 7 of them. 2 of these have been inputted leaving 5 to be inputted.

That will mean I will still be missing 4 issues. I am still trying to source copies:

October 2019

October 2021

January 2022 and

February 2022.

I think I will update the database and find some way to issue it to you all as it stands. I can get the last 4 issues included in a later issue.

Patrick

PS If any of you need a specific article just let me know and I will let you know which issue it is in.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Patrick

I have all the issues of Airfix Model Magazine from no 1 to date; I have some doubles, too (if I remember where I put them). Anyway, I can send you scanned copies of any issues you require. I would like a copy of the index. Do I still need to contact the site administrator, to get your email address?

Cheers