British Infantry 1:76

Tomek22

Here are some pictures of my painted British Infatry WW2 in "Northern Europe"

/media/tinymce_upload/c54d01dd6411e947b9b3469b7672f835.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/320cb2ca592a6a2ac3ec3d7f387e12d3.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/66b190882f71a5fd9a3f14a05f13ca72.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/6a94bb2f2e56b2f954a32de2299971fd.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/9bed6f6bf4c06521e885ad23f9041dec.jpg

the pictures are not so good, I am sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello TomeK22

Just down loaded your photos to see them at a higher magnification and all I can say is Wow. They are superb the attention to detail,- it's hard to think they're 76th scale, they could almost be 48th or larger. Love to know how you did that especially the netting on the helmets.

Well done and thanks for showing what can be done. It's an inspiration of all on this forum to match them. Just one question how did you get the paint to stick to that awfull polythene plastic Airfix uses for their figure, There's several modellers how've asked this question in the past, but no really satisfactory answer. In my post on the Me 109 shoot out I gave one solution that sort-of works, but yours looks so much better.

I'll delete your dowmloaded photos and come back to this post in future for some inspiration.

Remember we do this for fun      John the Pom

Those are some great-looking figures, Tomek22! I have found that a mix of PVA glue and water brushed onto warm water and detergent washed figures gives a reasonable base for Airfix figures. As John says, there seems to be no 'perfect' answer, probably 'don't handle them too much' is the best advice..

Hi John and Carlzere,

Thank you for your sentiments for the painting. I am very happy about this. After cleaning the figures I spray an adhesive primer -as undercoat- on (in German it is called "Haftgrundierung") in white. Then painting, shading ect. and after this I use a clear cote as finish.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very nicely finished figures

i always felt the airfix ww2 british infantry in all its guises portrayed underfed soldiers

the 'hairy mary' battledress tended to make the wearer look bigger i always thought

to see it is to smell cigarette smoke!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...