Login Times out whilst Posting

ironsides

Something I've found to be really annoying, the forum login can time out whilst your composing a post, and not allow for a login option when you post,  thus resulting in you loosing your post.... this has happened to me twice in the last two days....

or am I missing something..... annoyed ☹️

Thanks for relpys guys but really this is meant for Airfix, if you've had the same then speak up by all means...Copy and paste it as you say works fine..... but surely it shouldn't be necesary, and it doesnt help if you dont know about the problem to start with... this is the only forum I've posted on of numerous forums over many years that times out the login whilst posting and trashes your reply at the same time.. just seems a bit daft to me and I'm sure it must put some off posting at all.... 😉

• 3 months later...

This is getting silly- you can't post even a moderate reply without being logged out during the writing of it- I'm not going to waste my time writing a comment twice, just because of some unfixed fault with the forum.

To be frank, I can't be bothered, I'll just go elsewhere.

Must said, never happen with me in more than 200 posts. I have several PCs all with Win 10 and different browsers, including Opera, Edge, Chrome and Firefox and sometimes use a VPN. Connection is via fiber optics and the router is a Huawei HN8247Q. I wonder if this problems is just forum related or have something else behind. The last versions of Opera have a VPN, I advise to try it and check if happens the same because the behavior is different as the connection have some changes.

Can't say I've had the problem either, but then (I learnt the hard way on other sites) if I have a lengthy post to make, I compose it in a separate document on my computer then copy and paste it into the reply box (and edit if required). That way nothing gets lost.

Hi AdminThanks for the reply and your efforts to rectify the problem, as I said I dont have these kind of problems on other forums, indeed I can say that this is the only forum where I have to login everytime to post as well, usually the login lasts untill I clear my browser but I appreciate there may be other factors involved...

😉

I use four platforms; Ipad running IOS 9.2 and therefore Safari, PC running windows 10 (64bit) and Chrome, Laptop running Windows 10 (64bit) Chrome  and a Windows phone running Windows 10 Mobile, Edge. This problem occurs across all platforms, and only with the Airfix Forum.

I'm sorry Ratch, but your solution is not an acceptable one- It should only be a workaround until the issue is fixed, but this has been going since the forum started. The only change being that you can no longer press the 'back' button on your browser to retrieve the 'unsent' post.

I'm grateful that the admin has taken time to read my complaint, but this does really need to be fixed now...

.....BTW, this is the second draught- the problem occurred on this post too.

Archived