New Models and Spares

96RAF

Would The Engine Shed Team consider telling us how the initial provisioning of spares is decided during a new model development phase.

From discussions on the forums it is obvious that requirement for many obvious spares has not been thought through fully given the fragile nature of these detailed models.

Many people report broken or missing parts straight out of the box, so in service life doesn't look good either, necessitating replacement.

Several manufacturers provide a detailed parts breakdown and supply chain for bodywork as well as chassis items and this I feel is sorely needed from Hornby.

Thanks Rob  

• 3 weeks later...

I have a crippled Networker that's desperately in need of spares - I've been scavenging what I can when I can from ebay and the like but I still need more.  The bogie frames became brittle and shattered - I now have 3 of the 4 sets I need but I also need the drive axle and they don't seem to exist anywhere!

Hornby don't have them, Peters spares don't have them - I had them on order somewhere else for over a year but no luck there either, I've never seen one on ebay.  So it's just dead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived