Hornby Thomas & Friends Range: "Will We Ever Get Any NEW Releases?"

Does anybody know or if Hornby will ever bring out new locomotives or rolling stock in the Thomas & Friends range, that has never been released before? The last time this happened was now five year's ago (Back in 2012) and I am starting to lose a lot ohf hope now.

With the relauch back in 2015, I honestly thought some brand new items would be included, but there wasn't, aprt from a metallic Thomas, which was nice for the 70th Annieversary, but still wasn't what I was expecting. When I say new, I mean new lcomotives that Hornby have never released, or a new set of coaches, or some new wagons. Not re-released loco's and rolling stock and that heve been through major surgery (Don't get me wrong - It was a good thing, but would have been nice to have some new stuff), as well as re-releases with a lot pf changes.

I hope you all see where I am getting at! 😆

Well you seem to be the Thomas expert so why don't you tell us which models have yet to be modelled........I can't imagine there any any yet to be produced and don't forget Bachmann also have a Thomas range.......you could always invent your own names & numbers to apply to some pre-owned stock to extend your collection....... 😀..........HB

Bachmann do have a range and I buy the models that tehy ahve released (In the HO range obviously), that Hornby have never released.

Considering that Hornby use tolling's that already exist to produce there Thomas loco's, here are some they that they already have the toolings for, so all they have to do is create the paint and the face. That is it!

Here are a few, that spring to mind:

Steam Locomotives:

Donald and Douglas

Arthur

Neville

Molly

Charlie

Ryan

Diesel Locomotives:

Daisy

BoCo

Den

Paxton

Sydney

Passenger Rolling Stock:

Edward's Coaches

Henry's Coaches

Freight Rolling Stock

More Troublesome Trucks

Water Tanker

Salt Wagon

Flatbed (With no load)

You know more about Thomas than most of us put together. If you don't know why do you think we would. None of us have any more connection with Hornby than you. I reckon you should contact them using the link on this forum and make your suggestions.

Menu > Help and Advice > Contact Us > then select Product Suggestion. 

No they just have access to amend the forum. The last thing they need is somebody bombarding them with suggestions.

You need to use the form I suggested that goes directly to the people who decide what to make. 

You could also add your ideas to the 'Wishlist' section. They might look at that occasionally. 

Jacob,........... we are all, including moderators, just members of the public.........we have have no inside information about Hornby or any other company's future plans..........

WTD.....behave....... 😆..........HB

• 1 year later...

@StuBaggyBoy

Thank you.  😀

@colin_flowerday

Yes, the Hornby Thomas & Friends range is getting discontinued and I am very sad about it.  ☹️

@walkingthedog

I don't know if there is a forum jester or not, but according to StuBaggyBoy there is one and this is StuBaggyBoy's opinion.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived