Airfix QUICK BUILD J6015 Volkswagen Beetle: Black Marks on C Pillar

Ratch

Hi,

I have built my Airfix QUICK BUILD J6008 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 and Airfix QUICK BUILD J6015 Volkswagen Beetle earlier this afternoon.

I have just noticed that in my Beetle, there is some black marks on the C Pillar. Is there anyway I can remove them, without damaging the plastic or the light blue colour? Picture will follow tomorrow.

If it were mine I would go for something gentle first and then something slightly stronger.

I'd use water first and if that doesn't work I'd try a clear liquid cleaner of the type used to clean glass an shiny surfaces.  Rub gently in all cases.  Earbuds are usually ideal for this sort of thing.

If that doesn't work I'd probably decide to leave it as it is rather than risk further damage.  

Sometimes when there is a small flaw in a painted finish it's best to live with it rather than make it worse.

Whatever cleaner you use make sure you rinse the area with clean water afterwards.

By any chance have you built the Volkswagon camper?  I want to get one for my grandson .....

I would say the sides of the camper van were tricky to go on the chassis, without them falling off. This was the only trouble I had with the camper van though. It may of had something to do with being the tallest model, with the other's being supercars, which are low.

You grandchildren may want some help with this one, if this one you plan buying them. The supercars and the Beetle I found easy to build. I can't comment on the aircraft or the tank, because I've not build these models. I should think your grandkids will find the supercars easy to build.

The only thing I am not keen on with the QUICK BUILD kits are that they have stickers. It's difficult to get them in the place they should be, parrticlly with the Bugatti Veyron where the rear outside light are just slightly raised to the rear centre lights. These especially are difficult to stick on, with no marking in the plastic, on where to stick them. The badges, lights, registration plates, dashboards and steering wheels should be printed on. I think children would struggle getting stickers in the correct place. I struggled getting the stickers in the correct place and I'm 21! 😆

I would say the sides of the camper van were tricky to go on the chassis, without them falling off. This was the only trouble I had with the camper van though. It may of had something to do with being the tallest model, with the other's being supercars, which are low.

You grandchildren may want some help with this one, if this one you plan buying them. The supercars and the Beetle I found easy to build. I can't comment on the aircraft or the tank, because I've not build these models. I should think your grandkids will find the supercars easy to build.

The only thing I am not keen on with the QUICK BUILD kits are that they have stickers. It's difficult to get them in the place they should be, parrticlly with the Bugatti Veyron where the rear outside light are just slightly raised to the rear centre lights. These especially are difficult to stick on, with no marking in the plastic, on where to stick them. The badges, lights, registration plates, dashboards and steering wheels should be printed on. I think children would struggle getting stickers in the correct place. I struggled getting the stickers in the correct place and I'm 21! 😆

well depends, use a bit of glue, even pva might work for the camper if you don't intend to dismantle them again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's alright, Patrick Camilleri. You might as well get the complete Airfix QUICK BUILD collection. I don't see the point in buying one or two kit's and no more.

GNR-Gordon-4

Errrr...... with 3 grandchildren soon to start on the hobby it will mean 3 of everything ........my bank manager might have something to say about that!

Oh, dear! Your bank manager would have something to say! What ever amount of Airfix QUICK BUILD kits there are, you will have to triple that figure, as that's the amount you will have to buy!  😆

You said it!  .........and that doesn't include the ones I want!!

Archived