ARC Pro - limitations on track layouts

Blagard-01

Andy is correct that companies do obsolete things over time ie digital curved lane changers.

Its called progress.

You can still buy slotless lane changing cars , tcr

Several different toy companies made them over the decades and none were really compatible although the license for them believe came out of france with last heard artin holding it.

My personal car runs good but is so old that car company does not make parts for it anymore and the model has been discontinued.

Thus have choice to buy something else or live with 3rd party parts.

Well maybe its not really progress but actually chaos.

1 switch would of prevented all of those issues.

Hi MashaFX, technically there is already a double pole double throw (DPDT) relay inside the ARC PRO which switches the electronics configuration from digital to analog and back. Without any extra switches this relay could be wired slightly differently and the polarity reversal problem would vanish... so actually it would not even require an additional switch... just a pcb layout change. I genuinely hope this design revision is in hand! Til then we will rely on ingenious solutions to keep our favorite curved lane changers in play - and by the way, I really like MashaFXs approach using the dead spots already present in the curved cross-overs :-)

C

Now I need to rotate my track. First test with app and I have it backwards. I thought they'd put the digital sensor as close to the edge on the long straight to enable it to be put as close to a corner as possible whilst minimising the chance of power slide missed laps. Nope! The digital sensor is on the other end. I may remove the power base completely from the track and run wires to it.

Now I need to rotate my track. First test with app and I have it backwards. I thought they'd put the digital sensor as close to the edge on the long straight to enable it to be put as close to a corner as possible whilst minimising the chance of power slide missed laps. Nope! The digital sensor is on the other end. I may remove the power base completely from the track and run wires to it.

• 2 years later...

Just a thought, but would a way of using unmodified lane change curves with ARC Pro be to use in 4 lane? If you split powered lanes 1 and 2 from the base, into 1&2 and 3&4, then lanes 1&2 would be on the same powered lane as would 3&4, and so would that be ok, as its similar to how a oit lane would work?

Only if you plane on using the digital curved lane changers in analog mode.

Analog still needs to have seperate lanes but you can simply pull the copper connector out which is fully reversible.

If you are in pure digital mode you don't need to make the change.