Very slow navigation

Howbi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No its not just you. I notice that Hornby.com (not just the forum) is very slow EVERY DAY between 11:30 and 12:30 approximately. Probably some auto-maintenance routines are running in the background on the servers.

12:33 and the forum response times seem to be back to their nomal level (for me anyway). Slow, but not as excessive as it gets about 12 midday. Ties in with my earlier reply.

There have been quite a few recent mail shots promoting Christmas Sales. It's possible that Hornby.com is generally busy as a result i.e more in the shop website area than on the forum. AFAIK, all the Hornby websites, Hornby, Corgi, Airfix etc all share the same server location.

Yes you are correct, navigation has been slow for some hours now.

• 2 weeks later...

Cricket MkII - day 5, in the balance and no snow in site HB.  Still would rather be in our dressing room.

As for the even slower response times here this morning, must be the snow. I think they have to get a plough in to clear the internet lines before the site can respond. 

I don't know what is wrong with these Forums but as mentioned the pages load too slowly and the side bar movement is ridiculously jerky. It really has put me off coming on here and when I do get on to post I get annoyed with the poor way it operates and end up posting once and then going elsewhere on the web. Perhaps it is time that Hornby called time on the Forums until it is fixed or shut them altogether and let other websites take the messages that people have. Sorry ladies and gents but I for one loved coming on here but now tend to avoid it looking in only now and again.

I'm on and off the forum most hours of the day.......my experience is that the forum has been stable with acceptable navigation response times for the best part of a week. Probably tempting fate saying that, but I have not seen the long page update delays for some time now.

Archived