MKD Building Kits

bill7437

Is this range of French HO Scale building kits still available in the UK or France.??? They were inherited by Hornby from Martine and Olivier Lanter of MKD who are no longer associated with Hornby France. These items did complement the Jouef building kits range but neither of these ranges appear in the 2017 Jouef Catalogue.

• 2 years later...

I have been given to understand that the range of building kits by MKD of mainly French outline are to be re-introduced this year. Looking at a PDF of the 2020 International Catalogue there is no sign of this range. Is a separate catalogue to be introduced for this range later in the year ????

@bill7437

The only mention of Hornby relauching MKD I have seen was Tim@Hornby's post on a previous thread. Maybe he can give us more insight...........or we'll have to wait for May's Continental Modeller.

Hi, They are work in progress. We have the artwork and prices from the factory but that was received too late to pop into the full catalogue. Once we have a delviery date and final produciton models, we will produce a leaflet.

MKD2020 Villa avec garageMKD2021 Réparateur de tracteursMKD2022 Garden FencesMKD2023 Gas StationMKD2024 Garage Renault

I have been given to understand that the range of building kits by MKD of mainly French outline are to be re-introduced this year. Looking at a PDF of the 2020 International Catalogue there is no sign of this range. Is a separate catalogue to be introduced for this range later in the year ????

Also, treat any PDFs with caution, the full catalogue has not been created in a PDF format by us, but I am aware someone leaked a draft which was saved in PDF for various experts who work with us to see and check for errors.  You are quite probably looking at something before it's final polish. I recommend buying the full catalogue.

• 1 month later...

I gather from Tim at Hornby that this range is to be re-introduced this year. Although the new International catalogue for 2020 has been published these items were too late to be included and I am advised that after launch a leaflet on same will be produced. Perhaps this could be put on to the net so we can all know just what is to be available ????

• 2 weeks later...

I gather from Tim at Hornby that this range is to be re-introduced this year. Although the new International catalogue for 2020 has been published these items were too late to be included and I am advised that after launch a leaflet on same will be produced. Perhaps this could be put on to the net so we can all know just what is to be available ????

Hi Bill,

If you check the two posts you made earlier in January, and my replies (which you mention here) you'll see I did cover what is to be available first.

We're aiming for Q3 this year, and there will be info posted on our website and issued to retailers.

I think running three topics on MKD kits and new items is going to get very confussing! Perhaps we should stick to just the one?

Tim

Thanks Tim for the info I will keep an eye out around Quarter 3. although I have a number of these items from Martine's days. I would assume from your comments that these will be reissues from existing tooling rather that newly tooled additions to this range. 

Com Mod note

I have moved the earlier MKD post content into this one at Tim’s suggestion, without affecting the original posting time-date to maintain flow, but I am unable to locate the third post spoken about. If anyone can point me to it I will amalgamate that content here as well.

Rob

Hi Rob,

There are a few comments in the 2020 new items posting, but nothing informative just asking repeats of the questions you've now captured above.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/hornby-intlelectrotren-new-items-2020/?p=1

Tim

Thanks Tim.

As you say they are repeats so I will leave them there to avoid spoiling that thread flow.

I could also have just copied and pasted the exact comments and answers if moving the whole thing would have spoilt the other thread.

Rob