ARC Pro - Curved Lane Changer Mod

Blagard-01

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the other way around: There are upgraded ARC PRO Powerbases that work with the curved lane changers.

Andy, I have the updated ARC Pro powerbase.  So all the curved lane changers will work.  The part numbers I am aware are: C7007, C7008 & C7009.  Am I missing any?

Thank you,

Mike

I am currently not able to check but essentially there should be 4:

Right-hand curve, change from out to in

Right-hand curve, change from in to out

Left-hand curve, change from out to in

Left-hand curve, change from in to out

Not sure of the numbers..

• C7007 Out-to-in left-handed
  • C7008 Out-to-in right-handed
  • C7009 In-to-out left-handed
  • C7010 In-to-out right-handed

All come with a C7000 sensor straight, same dimensions as a C8207 half straight.

I have a C7010 but don't use it any more - cars on the inside seem to skid too much - not sure if it's because the moving switch blade is slippery, or maybe it's not ferrous so the magnets don't "grip" it. Or both.

But electrically at least, it totally works with the updated powerbase (mine is from the Sunset Speedway set)

• 1 year later...

Has anyone ever posted a Youtube video of this operation of modding the lane changers? (link, link???)

To see how something is done, quite often is very, if not more helpful in filling in the blanks than a narrated explanation.

If there isn't a video up yet, anyone have the gumption to film themselves doing the deed??

Were there supposed to be photos with the original post? I don't see any pictures with his explanation and it reads like there should be?

I'm sure it would be very appreciated by many who would like to get and mod those curved lane changer track sections. Myself included...

Apologies for being the idiot blogger here. When you say the latest Arc Pro, do you mean hardware, software or both?

My Arc Pro (C8435) is probably going on 4 or 5 years now, but I believe I saw somewhere that I can update the firmware?

So continuing along that line of thought, the curved lane changers should work right out of the box, no mods. And if it is just a software update, I should be able to just update my power box and should be good to go.

Any problems with that line of thought? Am I tracking? (no pun intended)