What do you want as kits in 2019?

Ratch

I'd like typical Luftwaffe vehicles like the Henschel 33 Feuerwehr or Opel Tankwagen or the Tankspritze TS 2.5 or Ts 2.5a (Kfz. 343) based on the Henschel type 33 FA 1 was frequently seen on front line airstrips. It had a water reserve of 2500 litres. The Ts 2.5 had a folding top while the Ts 2.5a had a hardtop.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would love some obscure ones. Preferably in 1/48 or up as 1/72 is too small for my capabilities these days.

1/48 P-26a Peashooter would be lovely (or even larger scale), one of my fave planes.

1/48 Army Lynx and Gazelle would also be very much appreciated.

Finally...so as not to seem greedy, how about a 1/48 De Havilland Hornet Moth...and if you can wrap them for me too I would appreciate it :-)

Pete

Airfix have already done a 1/48 scale "Army Lynx". Try looking on a large South American river or the bay of fleas.

Thanks Paws, will see what crazy prices they go for!

Dear Airfix

I feel sure you didn't overlook my suggestions for 2019 and your design elfs are beavering away on researching & designing them as I type. If you did well then... probably too late for 2019 now; still 2020 would be good too 😀

Here's a reminder for you 

1/72:

• Buccaneer S2
  • Vulcan B2
  • HP Hastings C1/C2/T5
  • Canberra B2/B(I)6
  • Bristol Belvedere HC1
  • Javelin FAW9
  • Hercules C1

1/48:

• Apache AH1
  • Typhoon FGR4
  • Meteor NF11/12/13
  • Harrier GR9

PS All new tools please  😉

In addition to previous posts ; Dear Airfix Santa Claus : 1/48 F35 B for the aeroplane makers and a 1/700 Q E class aircraft carrier for the ship builders.  The F 35 would go down a storm! Reissue the B29 and TSR2 both scales and reissue the Valiant please. A new tooled B29 is probably pushing it?  .....with RAF decals as a Washington. Sorry and reissue the Sea Vixen 1/48 and new Buccaneer 1/48 too.

're the V Bombers and TSR2s - you only have to look at the prices on auction sites to see the market is there?

However as this is late August I guess the Airfix 'Gods' have made their decisions?

We can only wait for Telford & pray. 😆

I‘m in agreement with quite a few of the requests that want to see the British theme boosted. There is a desperate need for a 1/48 Tiger Moth and 1/48 Chipmunk. In 1/24, It has to be the Tiger Moth. Airfix would clean up. I would also like them to expand on their conversion kits. The Valiant PR set was good and now that they’ve got the Mossie up and running, look at all the variants for that magnificent kit. Modern stuff, 1/48 Puma please.

Looking back over my completed builds these last few years, I can't help but think that Airfix owe it to themselves to re-tool the 1/72 Spitfire range.

The MkI is hampered by HUGE panel lines and rivets, the MKIX, while not too bad is not up to today's standards and IIRC the VB/C is from the mid 70's???

I know its been said here once or twice before, but I think its worth repeating (possibly loudly and very often): 1/72 ENGLISH ELECTRIC CANBERRA B2!

If there is only one new kit next year or possibly 2020 by now, Airfix bean-counters please make sure this is near the top of the to-do-list. There's gold in them thar spues! Even more than I suspect than the Phantom FG1/FGR2 is (or will be).  Just think of all the potential multiple purchases from modellers who want to make different options, the number of different operational colour schemes, all those funny noses, the 'special' versions  and even at a stretch, the odd PR mark ... 😀; and that's just in UK service. Oooo just the thought of, say, a Canberra TT18 in RN markings from a kit by Airfix at the top of their game.... (and I don't even do FAA).

It should tick all the right Airfix boxes too: its iconic; its British; its RAF/RN; its cold war; has international appeal (even the USAF, for our American cousins); it replaces a previous catalogue item; its not too big; there's no mainstream competitor; accessible LIDARable examples in the UK (as I would imagine there are good drawings).  

Come on Airfix what's the problem here? You know it makes sense!

It should be a sure fire sell-out - fingers crossed for the next announcement!

Clearly there would need to be a decent demand for any kits suggested so going by the many model forums I read the following would definitely be of interest.

1/48 Halifax and Sterling. No current manufacturers make these. Would love a Sunderland as well but just think how big that would be!

Hampden and Whitley would also be good In 1/48. In fact there is a serious lack of British WW2 bombers in 1/48 and Airfix could certainly corner the market here. Really looking forward to the Blenheim but please please please bring out a MKiv as well.

Tanks in 1/32. Churchill and Cromwell. Loved the Crusader so more in this scale would be great.

1/24. No one provides Hellcat, Warhawk, Corsair, FW 190d

Airfix owe it to themselves to re-tool the 1/72 Spitfire range.

I thought Airfix had been doing that???

Supermarine Spitfire 'BTK' 1955

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX 1959

Supermarine Spitfire Vb 1975

Supermarine Spitfire I 1979

Supermarine Spitfire Vc 2005

Supermarine Spitfire MkIXc 2008

Supermarine Spitfire PRXIX 2009

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia 2010

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I/IIa 2011

Supermarine Spitfire F Mk22 2012

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Va 2016

Agree Ratch, but by today's standards the MkI/IIa/Va, the MkIX and the MkVb/c don't cut the mustard when compared to the latest releases by Airfix, which, BTW are better than ever. Hence, my reasoning that to stay competitive in this area they need to be brought up to date. Just my 2 cents 😆

I know its been said here once or twice before, but I think its worth repeating (possibly loudly and very often): 1/72 ENGLISH ELECTRIC CANBERRA B2!

If there is only one new kit next year or possibly 2020 by now, Airfix bean-counters please make sure this is near the top of the to-do-list. There's gold in them thar spues! Even more than I suspect than the Phantom FG1/FGR2 is (or will be).  Just think of all the potential multiple purchases from modellers who want to make different options, the number of different operational colour schemes, all those funny noses, the 'special' versions  and even at a stretch, the odd PR mark ... 😀; and that's just in UK service. Oooo just the thought of, say, a Canberra TT18 in RN markings from a kit by Airfix at the top of their game.... (and I don't even do FAA).

It should tick all the right Airfix boxes too: its iconic; its British; its RAF/RN; its cold war; has international appeal (even the USAF, for our American cousins); it replaces a previous catalogue item; its not too big; there's no mainstream competitor; accessible LIDARable examples in the UK (as I would imagine there are good drawings).  

Come on Airfix what's the problem here? You know it makes sense!

It should be a sure fire sell-out - fingers crossed for the next announcement!

As I have mentioned before, I definetly agree that a 1/72 Canberra would be a big hit. Very little work would need to be done to include the option for a RAAF B.20. In fact, this has already been done on the 1/48 version. There are a variety of weapons loads that could included, along with a variety of scheme options.

1/72 Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer

My tips/hunches for next year's new tool releases/announcements:

1/72 Consolidated B24 Liberator (but I don't think a PB4Y-2 is on the cards but maybe down the track?)

1/72 Ju88A (given the restoration of U4+TK underway in Norway 😉)

1/48 Spitfire MkXIV (this one popped up and then was gone just as quickly at the start of this years announcements).

I want to see a ME262 in 1/24 scale. I do not normally build aircraft but there is a huge hole in my future display of German fighters all in 1/24 scale. I build large scale because I love to scratch build detail items. My armor is all in 1/16 scale and I love submarines in 1/72.

Come on Airfix, add one more great aircraft to your 1/24 line.