Ratch

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still love to see the following, all to 1/72;

Avro Manchester

Avro Lincoln

Junkers Ju88A-1 (to complete the Airfix new tool Luftwaffe BoB line up)

Bristol Beaufort

Re-tooled Bristol Beaufighter with early flat tailplane

HP Halifax with early Merlin engines

Fairey Albacore (plus any other WWII Royal Navy aircraft)

B-24 Liberator (any mark)

B-29 Superfortress

De Havilland Hornet/ Sea Hornet

DH Venom, Sea Venom single or twin seat

Newly tooled Avro Vulcan B2

Newly tooled BAe Buccaneer S2

Newly tooled Tornado GR1/4/ F3

Newly tooled Eurofighter Typhoon

Luftwaffe ground support set

RAF 50's/60's ground support set

RAF modern ground support set

Give me any one of those and I will be happy, give me two or three and I will be over the Moon!

The lists above look very like the 2017, 18 wish lists, but I would second and third the call for a new 1/72 Ju 88, but please try the C series or the BMW engined night fighters, as the A series seem to be a dime-a-dozen with every Tom-Dick-&-Harry and their cousins doing it almost to the exclusion of other marks.

Basically any 1938 to 45 German aircraft would sell, after all how many Bf 109E does a modeller really want to build.

Remember we do this for fun                                              John the Pom

I can't wait to see what follows the 1/24 Typhoons. On that basis, I can only reiterate my plea that the first 'Super Kit' gets a super makeover, so a completely new Spitfire Mk.I would do it for me.

Having said that, I'll require hospitalisation if a 1/24 Beaufighter becomes reality.

Mmmmmmm........Beaufighter....

Steve von Hopeful

Both would be very nice.    I have just been rebuilding these old Airfix kits that were hiding in the shed.  I really enjoyed the rebuild and was lucky to have nearly all the parts in the spares box.   More can be seen here . . https://www.flickr.com/photos/23594891@N07/albums/72157697042536945Old kit rebuildRebuilt

I suppose that I'd like to see the following . . .

Hurricane I  in 1/72nd.  The metal winged version, please, to go with the superb Fabric Winged kit.

Hurricane I  in 1/48th.   The Fabric Winged version of the excellent new issue.

I need loads of the above.

1/72nd scale figures for the RAF Bomber Command Support Set.  Hard plastic.

Hunter F6 in 1/72nd.  It would be lovely to issue this in the original versions for the 60's kit.  Black Arrows and Swiss Air Force.

A few replacements, too.   All old 1/72nd kits.

Hampden. / Halifax. / P-47D / Hellcat.  

Plus a brand new Vulcan B2.  I'm hoping that the latter is the big announcement for 2019 at Telford.

I'm hoping that the 1/600 ships appear in the classic releases.

Revell (North America and Europe) and "Fine Moulds" (should be Japan only but the Internet is a thing) own all the Star Wars licences.

I think Bandai might have a thing or two to say about that!  😉

Historically Airfix did Star Wars kits, but that was some time ago, mostly when Palitoy owned the brand and they reboxed Star Wars kits from other kit manufacturers. Currently Star Wars kit licencing is carved up between Revell and Bandai, theoretically Bandai are servicing the Far East and USA (I think), whilst Revell has the Europe/Elsewhere ticket. Interestingly Revell are going to be re-boxing the Bandai 'Perfect Grade' Millennium Falcon, a snip at 399.00 Euro...

I'd like to see some more love for us fans of WW1 and earlier aircraft in 1/72. For example:

1903 Wright Flyer - A good modern plastic kit of this for a sensible price is my absolute top wish. 

A new tooling of a Sopwith Camel - the old 1957 mould is terrible.

A rebox of the the old Sopwith Pup - a lovely kit, it would be great to have it with fresh decals.

Bristol Monoplane - I don't know of any kits available, and Airfix have already done a few Bristol aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...

1/72 or 1/48 Buccaneer , sorry Airfix , the Hunter leaves me a touch cold. 1/24 F6F is interesting.

One wishes Airfix would wise up a bit and realise that competing with Tamiya is futile. The modelling community will only pay big bucks for perfection . Note the storm over WNW Lancaster, £300 ? why not ?

How many 1/24 Coastal Mozzies sitting on shelves ? it's not a bad kit , its a fairly good one , just too expensive. Not that Tamiya are shifting that many 1/32 Mozzies over here , though that is mostly due to the massive mark up applied by the distributer.

Here is an idea for Airfix, by all means sell the whole kit but why not sell it in sections as well ? One always wishes the Tiffy had been sold as the engine and cockpit (£40-50) , so come on Airfix , sell three versions of the F6F , engine and cockpit with just enough fuselage and wing to hold it together , Full Wing and Fuselage but a dummy lump under the bonnet/hood and then the full beans kit. One will take a guess that Airfix will sell plenty of the dummy lump version but will then sell even more of the engine / cockpit AND the dummy lump.

Would love Airfix to get immaginative as well - how about getting rid of the aincient 1/24 Spit and replacing it with a superdetailed Engine and Cockpit.

Lastly, no-one makes a set of 1/72 and 1/48 seated pilots (yes Revell have a 1./72 set not currently in production) hands up everyone who wants a set of seated , masked pilots for jets and props , German, Japanese, US, UK , high quality injection moulding , something along the multipose line would do nicely.

The Airfix RC211V was a re-issue of the Heller kit and it is extremely unlikey that we'll ever see it in an Airfix box again. It was only in the range for three years and not since 2005 (before Hornby Group acquired Airfix)

02485/92485/02485G Honda RC211V 1/24 scale. Reissue of Heller kit number 80923. Available as 02485 in 2003. Issued as Range B Gift Set (92485) in 2003. Issued as Range B Gift Set (02485G) from 2004 to 2007. Included in Racing Motorbikes Collection (10404G) in 2005.

The Airfix RC211V was a re-issue of the Heller kit and it is extremely unlikey that we'll ever see it in an Airfix box again. It was only in the range for three years and not since 2005 (before Hornby Group acquired Airfix)

02485/92485/02485G Honda RC211V 1/24 scale. Reissue of Heller kit number 80923. Available as 02485 in 2003. Issued as Range B Gift Set (92485) in 2003. Issued as Range B Gift Set (02485G) from 2004 to 2007. Included in Racing Motorbikes Collection (10404G) in 2005.

Er, no it isn't. I'm talking about 1/12 scale kits.

I see Ernie's point about "not competing with Ayimat". I have both their version and the Airfix version of the Honda RC211V (in different "The Doctor" schemes), and the Ayimat parts and decals are just plain better. Having said that, the Airfix kit was cheaper and had a nice rider figure in it.

The RC211V was a rebox, it's Heller tooling. If you're issuing 1/12 scale bikes, Tamiya is the competition and they set the bar very high. With the current R & D resources available to Airfix I have no doubt they could compete with any other kit manufacturer on the planet, assuming the commercial will is there. Where it falls down is with the manufacturing itself. 

Er, no it isn't. I'm talking about 1/12 scale kits.

It would greatly help if you quoted the Product Code, but you'd get a very similar answer:

07480/07480G

Honda RC211V

1/12 scale.

Reissue of Heller kit number 80924.

Available as 07480 from 2003 to 2004.

Listed as Gift Set (07480 in error) in 2004.

Issued as Range D Gift Set (07480G) from 2004 to 2006.

I do love to build airfix models and I have done so since i were younger since 2001, but I will keep doing so i loved building the Vulcan bomber and wished you would do the Falklands war version on 1/48th scales. Thanks Jodie-leigh Thorn. 

I would like to see some unique kit this year 

P-38 lightning 1/72, 1/48

F4u corsair 1/72, 1/48

Westland lynsender 1/48

B-29 superfortress 1/72

P-40E kittyhawk 1/48 

Fariey firefly mk 5 1/72

Westland whirlwind 1/72 

Supermarine spitfire mk1 1/48 

Short Sunderland flying boat 1/72

Republic p-47 thunderbolt 1/72, 1/48

There are some planes would be nice to see in 2019 and in the near future