BILL & BEN, Clockwork & Electric,R9024,R9026,R9047 & R9048.

Hi Both Bill and Ben come as Clockwork and Electric versions.All four bodies are much the same except for cut outs for clockwork key,clockwork stop/start.Also the electric version has cutouts to allow for normal couplings. Roofs are a different colour also wheels are different..Hardest to find are the clockwork variants as only produced in 1999.They came on a card and not in a box.I have not, to date seen any on a card for sale. C/W Ben was also produced in a trainset with Thomas.Hence C/W Bill is extrenely hard to find.Hopefully photos show /media/tinymce_upload/92242d63c08be069037ab645bea6f219.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/886538c764c027784b833dfb6c2af714.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/0d873b0b3ef0d46f51bc7d5e5ee1f0a5.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/68267e1c38c1c9b3ba06577f741c6a61.JPG differences.

Great images, new lad on block. Thanks for posting them.  😀

You have newer models of Bill and Ben to me (Elrctric models). They are printed in white, on the chassis, of the year 2006, I do believe that says? My Bill abd Ben are older, from the first batch in 2001. However, apart from the year printing differences on the chassis, they appear to be identical.

GNR-Gordon-4

C/W Ben was also produced in a trainset with Thomas.Hence C/W Bill is extrenely hard to find.

Interesting! So for clock-work Thomas and Ben were in a set, and for electric Thomas and Bill were in a set.  I wonder if Hornby swapped the twins around like that deliberately?

• 1 year later...

Pretending its for the kids, welcome to the Hornby Forum.  😀

I am unsure if you can convert your Clockwork Ben to electric and if can, I don't how you can do this. I can confirm though that your Clockwork Ben is worth more money as it is now, before you convert it. I want to stress this to you, as the Clockwork range is rare these days and it's getting very difficult to find good examples of it.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks gents both, I will do as you suggest and keep Ben 'unbashed'.

And my apologies for the late acknowledgement, I had login problems. 

My current project is to make a bargain Hogwarts Express for my 7 year old son from an old Triang Princess in crimson (so many they won't be valuable ever, surely?).  If there's a forum for that I will post something there.

Archived