Is OO gauge live steam range given up?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muzza

ive seen your video before and what a great add for live steam seeing these two locos going what live steam do best it's hard to understand why the sales didn't go through the roof. The number of carriages the speed the smooth running of real steam driven 00 gauge engines in my view cannot be bet and your video just shows that.

at the slower speeds you can here the safety valves lift showing that these two engines are in tip top condition thanks for sharing the video with us it makes me wanting to fire one up right now but have to go shopping but when it get back home look out!

Great video and must be seen

Ken

Thanks Ken.

How is the S69 going? That conversion was great to follow.

Murray

Muzza

the S69 is still going well but I don't run it that often I did just stopped running my Mallard as I said after seeing your video and back from shopping. If you ever want to have a go at an engine I don't mind helping with the build of reengineered parts as I have a chassis or 2 if you have an engine in mind with no charge for my time.

ken

Muzza

the S69 is still going well but I don't run it that often I did just stopped running my Mallard as I said after seeing your video and back from shopping. If you ever want to have a go at an engine I don't mind helping with the build of reengineered parts as I have a chassis or 2 if you have an engine in mind with no charge for my time.

ken

That's very kind Ken, but I don't know where to start. My skills are not too brilliant and most of my tools are back in Brisbane. I've filled the shed with the layout and don't have much space to set up a workshop.

If I was to attempt anything, it would probably be a P2 (you can never have too many large, apple green locos), but the idea of an inside cylinder 0-6-0, like a J39 or J27 would be nice.

I might have to leave those to the experts and get back to finishing the incomplete A4 chassis that I bought as a spare. It is now running, but still needs work.

Muzza

just looked up a P2 kit so the body if brass could be made and as the engine looks to be may be longer than an A3 should be not too difficult just the extra set of drivers which like my 9f can be articulated. Might give it ago one day and let you know.

The inside cylinder 0 6  0 would be more of a challenge 

Ken

• 1 year later...