Great Electric Train Show

Howbi

I didn't realise there were more than one event of 'The Great Electric Train Show'. I thought this event was every October at the British Motor Museum. It is, but I didn't realise that it is held at other venues too.

I will not be going to this one, at Arena MK, in Milton Keynes. I did however, go to it at the British Motor Museum, last year (2017) and in 2016. I think I will find myself going to this year's, too!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

Oh. I didn't realise. Why has it changed? I liked it at the British Motor Mueseum. Got to see model railways and cars all for the same price. It was great. Now it is 130 miles away from me. That is a bit far. I guess I won't be going to The Great Electric Train Show, this year!  ☹️  😢

GNR-Gordon-4

Oh... Now it is 130 miles away from me. That is a bit far. I guess I won't be going...

Jacob

130 miles, I would just be getting settled into my seat by then.

My work commute for 25 years was 55 miles each way every weekday all year round in all weathers and I thought nothing of it.

Next week I am going to visit my ‘local’ model railway club a mere 40 minute drive to a friends house then another 45 minutes drive up the mountains from there, all for a couple of hours running session.

Just as well you don’t live is Oz or US where journeys are not measured in miles but hours. 130 miles is popping down the shops.

Rob

RAF96, you used to travel 55 miles from home to work and another 55 miles from work to home; A total of 110 miles? That's a lot. My work is maximum 2 miles away, but I think less. I think it's about 1 point something miles away, from where I live.

You were very brave to do a total round trip of 110 miles, getting to and going from work. I couldn't travel that far for work and home and back. It would stress me out, just a bit, I do think!  😆

Also, I wouldn't want to live somewhere, where I have to travel 100 miles to get to the nearest supermarket, just to get food and drink for my storage tank and then travel another 100 miles home again!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

@RAF96

No Internet?! I can't live without Internet! It's a good job I have an iPhone 7 contract, isn't it RAF96, then I won't have any 'no Internet' problems!  😉 😆 😀

@2e0dtoeric

No, I am also not going to China, to pick up spare parts!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived