Con Rod nut - Hornby Thomas Henry

mal

I have lost the left side middle main wheel con rod nut.  Caame off in running and cannot find.  I am having difficulty locating any spares.  Tried Peters spares no joy.   The is a Hornby Thomas series Henry  (The green engine) and is about 10 years old.   One of my grandsons engines so anxious to get up and running.   Any ideas please  thanks Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

This appears to be an issue with the TTTE loco's !

Having bought the Thomas & Friends train set for my grandson in January 18after a couple of circuits round the track the pin on the con rod disappeared answould not stay in. So a return to Hornby HQ for a repair. Once it arrived back, another couple of circuits and the very same thing happened ! So back it went to Hornby HQ ! So far it has been OK.

Today I tested a new loco that we have bought for him. James the Red Engine.

Straight out of the box, onto the track and it completed a couple of circuits before coming to a sudden stop.

Looking at it, the pin from the con rod had come out ! Despite putting it back in twice, it would not stay in.

So I am now awaiting a reply from Hornby HQ to have it returned and repaired.

I am just so glad that I decided to test the loco before I gave it to him !

Joe H

One of my standard post receipt pre-track checks is once round the loco with Mk1 eyeball and a basic tool set, checking tht nothing obvious is falling off and all fasteners are tight.

So far precious little has fallen off in the initial running period thanks to common sense before use checks.

Rob

Archived