MR1 7000

Moofenstein

Hi Moofenstein - welcome to the forum! The two Sauber Mercedes cars from that set do come up on eBay very occasionally. They were also sold as individual cars. Definitely some of the rarer Micro Scalextric cars. I doubt you’d see them at a swap meet unless someone was selling off a collection.

Happy hunting!

Hi Moofenstein - welcome to the forum! The two Sauber Mercedes cars from that set do come up on eBay very occasionally. They were also sold as individual cars. Definitely some of the rarer Micro Scalextric cars. I doubt you’d see them at a swap meet unless someone was selling off a collection.

Happy hunting!

Hi woodcote. Thanks for the welcome, and reply! I check ebay daily for them,  but found nothing as of yet,  so i don't hold out much hope. I will definitely be checking carboot sales when they start up again and they are a goldmine for old scalextric stuff!

Thanks again! 

• 1 year later...

Hi StuffnBother - welcome to the forum!

Value of any Micro Scalextric set or car is always down to how much someone is prepared to pay. There isn't a particularly large collector community for Micro stuff, so prices can vary hugely. I know people who have picked up various near-mint 1994-5 MR1 sets for £5 or £10 at boot fairs. I've seen them priced at £20-£30 by dealers at slot car swapmeets and toy fairs. I've also seen them listed on eBay for £50, £100 or even £150. If someone is prepared to pay that, great. Maybe that's the value - but I prefer to hunt for bargains, even if that takes months or years.

The 7000 set will be trickier than some to track down, but there will be some out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good afternoon, I have just unearthed a Micro endurance 7000. I have had since new so must be nearly 30 years old, it has a red and yellow mercedes and black and blue.

I have set it up and it doesnt appear to work. not sure if its the TX, controllers or the cars.

Is there anyway of purchasing spares for, I was thinking a new TX would be a good starting point?

Thanks

Ben