When will the 2020 free loco be available?

@ RMRG :- Your lucky & we (most of us) are in the same boat - so far all I've got is the the quarter Mag - Still waiting for Welcome letter, card, pin & Loco - When I rang Hornby a few days ago - b/c for the Covid-19 & they are now all working @ home & can't get to the office & things are & I quote "Hickley-Pickley" - it may take a few more weeks - give then another week or so - if still nothing then give Hornby a ring!!!

@ RMRG :- Your lucky & we (most of us) are in the same boat - so far all I've got is the the quarter Mag - Still waiting for Welcome letter, card, pin & Loco - When I rang Hornby a few days ago - b/c for the Covid-19 & they are now all working @ home & can't get to the office & things are & I quote "Hickley-Pickley" - it may take a few more weeks - give then another week or so - if still nothing then give Hornby a ring!!!

Yes of course i do really understand where we stand at the minute absoluty awfull times ! ..  i was just respnding to these post on this section ..   fingers crossed your pkg arrives soonest !  ...  

Poeple are trying their best

In these trying times patience is a virtue and required by all

There are more important things like health and keeping free of the virus 

with people having to work at home like the Hornby staff and some not being able to work

because their work place has closed down

Gordon

It's interesting how random it has been thus far, I guess a by-product of Hornby staff working from home.  I've had my card and pin arrive but nothing else.  I would have expected everyone over there in the UK to have received their welcome packs by now given the relative distance between here and there, and the difficulty of getting stuff sent to this country currently.

I will add that I joined the club of that other blue box manufacturer as well.  Signed up on the 1st of April and had my card, pin and model turn up in the mail a couple of days ago.

HK.

As in previous years, the Disribution of the Loco is spread out over many months.

Today I have received my 2020 Loco, last year it was October.  Other collector members have been receiving the Loco gradually since February.

Not really any need to be trying to chase it up yet.

My 2020 model has just arrived this morning. And smart it looks too. I think maybe I need to keep my eyes open for the return of the Lidl display cases and get these on display;  I'm not getting any pleasure from them being put into storage.

I received mine today, it is not marked DCC ready on the box, looking at the instructions there is not a DCC socket shown. It sayes for DCC consult your dealer so suspect a DCC decoder would have to be hard wired.

That's correct - and if you look at "Help & Advice" on this site there are instructions on how to fit a decoder. The instructions that accompany the "club" loco, are general 0-4-0 instructions.