Problem with the arc wireless controller

Hi Idontwannaspendsolongonaname - welcome to the forum!

Page 5 of the ARC Pro Quick Start Guide has an explanation of the various LED warnings on the powerbase and controller. A regular flashing LED on the controller suggests that the controller is in binding mode or the battery is low. An intermittent flashing LED on the controller suggests it is in 'sleep' mode.

If in binding mode, there should be a corresponding flashing green LED on the powerbase. That should clear if you turn off the controller or powerbase, but following the 'Connect Controllers' instructions on pages 8 & 9 of the Quick Start Guide is worth doing.

Most commonly, the reason is a low battery. Although most rechargable batteries should work, I use good-quality alkaline AA batteries.

Sleep mode is best resolved by switching off the controller and then turning it on again.

I do remember having an issue exactly like yours - a flashing LED and then nothing - but I can't remember what caused it or how I fixed it! Does this also happen when the ARC app is disconnected? Or only when the app is being used?

If it happens in both cases, check that no other controller is connected to the same colour. A good solution would be to turn off your controllers and switch one on at a time. If you find two lighting up the same LED on the powerbase, go through the 'Connect Controller' steps for each of your three controllers to connect them to the three colours you want.

If it only happens with the app in use, hard stop the app and then re-launch it. It is just possible that a glitch in the Pace Car feature has caused the problem.

I hope something there helps.

Thanks guys, but I tried those ways and it still didn't work. The behavior of the controller LED is a bit odd and I don't think it's mentioned in the guidebook, when turned on, the LED on the controller blinks once and go off permanently. That happens even when the PB is turned off. I also tried pairing the controller again, but seems the PB can can't detect that controller, the green light on the PB keeps flashing and then goes off. The batteries I am using is a completely new set of alkaline AA batteries, that set of batteries works well in other two controllers

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I am having a similar problem where:

the car works

controller is connected 

Bluetooth is connected 

Power is going from track to car as the Lights turn on and is making noise when I put a car on with no digital chip in

but still the car won't go. I am working with a VW Passat if that makes a difference.