dodge viper

thomas69

hi i have several dodge vipers which are in need of new motors due to the spring in the shaft being slightly bent, scalextric no longer make the W9038 motors, and i regretably bought W9848 and W9929 which are both 5 to 6 mm shorter and do nbot fit, does anybody know of stockist that still have the W9038 motors ,or has any scalextric enthuisiast found a way of fixing the spring in the shaft,or another motor brand that does a motor that does fit the car ,  tried direct heat on the spring as another enthusiast said it worked for him ,but it did not work for me ," H E L P "  thank,s JTH

Since you describe spring as problem and not motor itself,  suggest checking pendles and green hills or whatever it is called in old world,  electric dreams and professor motor in new world.

Also try hardware stores for springs.

Check at slot forum.

Other brands that had the spring  arrangement with similar front motors are revell daytona cobra and several fly.

Since you describe spring as problem and not motor itself,  suggest checking pendles and green hills or whatever it is called in old world,  electric dreams and professor motor in new world.

Also try hardware stores for springs.

Check at slot forum.

Other brands that had the spring  arrangement with similar front motors are revell daytona cobra and several fly.

hi seen a similar motor on pendle slot ,but am not 100 % sure it will fit, i tried removing a good  shaft spring from a similar type motor , but ended up with same problem ,as it also got a slight kink in it , can,t beilive scalextric do motors for virtually every car but not a dodge viper .

• 2 weeks later...

it has the correct motor in it from new ,it just noisy  ,from wear and tear , i bought the gto motor  as looked same motor but is 5 mm short the caterham motor is to short, and the mclaren merc 722 motor is to short, ive been told the viper and the tvr 400r have the same motor, then am left with the fact, cant get hold of a tvr long shaft either ,i tried to change the pinion on it which came with the new rear axle i bought ,hence i kinked the spring on the shaft ,which made it sound a whole lot worse ,ive given up ,decided to sell the 3 vipers i have as spares or repaires ,as there all well used looked after ,but the running gear is in need of replacing ..