Membership Number

Callumb31

• 4 weeks later...

Weird....

I got the following pretty much immediately after I signed up:

Welcome to the Airfix Club

Thank you for signing up to the Airfix Club.

Your membership number is: XXXXXXXXXX 

Your welcome pack will be delivered within 28 days.

All Club members now have access to the Club VIP Area by clicking here

To take advantage of Club benefits, such as the Club exclusive products, please make sure you are logged in when you visit the website.

We hope that you enjoy the Club, and look forward to seeing you soon at Airfix.

Kind regards, The Airfix Club Team

i joined the airfix club on 29th july and on 29th of august i recieved 2 letters from airfix one with a card and welcome letter and another letter with another card with a different membership number,i have sent 2 emails to customer services asking where my welcome pack is as its now gone over 28 days despite my pack being shown as dispatched on aug 4th

No reply to either email as yet just two letters welcoming me to the club and an explanation as to how to use the enclosed flying hours passports even though they werent in the envelopes,I understand covid 19 has caused many issues but the customer services currently be performed are well and truly unnacceptable

Airfix used to be a company you could count on to get it right so sad to see how far from the tree the apple has fallen

Chris Mawson: Remember Airfix is a brand of Hornby in the same way Mini is now 100% BMW. As far as the kits go they've never been better. I buy a lot of old ones on eBay and a lot of the Palitoy and Humbrol vintage kits are garbage. Thats Airfix's primary business and they make plastic model kits very well indeed. They CHOOSE which ones to model next very well indeed too. 

I think the problem with the website is that its run by 1 man and a dog and demand for the club membership has been vastly more than they anticipated. It literally sold out in hours. God knows what the backlog is. I've given up on getting "the membership card" but I don't need it so don't care.

Its been explained to me that the bigger onlines retailers get first dibs on manufacturing runs so for some strange reason Airfix themselves aren't the primary retailer of Airfix kits.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
I cannot find my membership number either. I joined on 7/02/2022. I did not receive a "credit card" in my welcome pack and if I received an e-mail I think I may have accidently deleted it. How can I find it out?

Another modeller on another modelling forum contacted Airfix about this. The reply he got basically said there was no longer a need for the membership cards nor individual membership numbers

I cannot find my membership number either. I joined on 7/02/2022. I did not receive a "credit card" in my welcome pack and if I received an e-mail I think I may have accidently deleted it. How can I find it out?

Another modeller on another modelling forum contacted Airfix about this. The reply he got basically said there was no longer a need for the membership cards nor individual membership numbers

OK. Thanks for that info, Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I joined 19 Feb 22 and there wasn't a card within the box: model, keyring, stickers, letter and poster... no reference to a membership number on the letter either.

• 1 year later...