BR Standard Class 4 2-6-4T

LTSR_NSE

It would be amazing if Hornby would release a BR Standard Class 4 2-6-4T in BR Express Blue livery. 

I accept this would technically be a Neverwazz... however surely the suburban workhorse deserves to be seen in BR's prettiest livery at least once? (albeit if only in model form)  😉

Also request for a class 310/312 in toothpaste... however since so many have already suggested this - I'm simply adding a vote!

My request is not entirely without precedent... Hornby previously released a B12 in this livery - R1089 “The Anglian”.  😉

On a related note (since Hornby will probably agree with PP!) - does anyone know of a company that offers a professional re-livery service? (should I wish to commit an act of heresy on one of the existing black ones!) 😆 

try RMWeb most professional builders and painters can be found on there. Cost probably in the region of £100 to £200+ depanding on what you want doing. Ie transfers or hand lining. As you want blue it's going to be the higher end due to the added complexity of the job 

Why not have a go yourself?

First remove the body from the chassis. The body can then be sprayed but you will need to remove any of the loose bits you don't want painted  (handrails, cab windows, safety valves etc.) to put somewhere safe to be replaced afterwards. Then you need to mask the bits you don't want painted, (chimney, smokebox, Cab roof, interior of bunker) cut the masking tape to the size of each bit and make sure it is stuck well on with no gaps.

Leave the painted body 24 hours to make sure the paint has set before removing the masking.

.For lining and numbering the best plan is to buy liningand number  decals  from one of the transfer suppliers (Modelmaster/Fox/CCT etc).

Transfers stick best on gloss paint. If you spray the body gloss colour at first and then apply the transfers when it has all dried hard spray with matt or satin varnish, as desired.

Best try it out on a cheap second hand model to practice, you will soon get the hang of it.

/media/tinymce_upload/5755cb2bf9ef532d5b2be11056a6dce7.JPG

Here is one I did earlier.

• 8 months later...
I have never liked the green livery on 80135 on the Moors, these locos were meant to be mixed trafffic black.

I repainted one of my Dublo 2-6-4Ts in BR lined green and I think it rather suits it. I did make a mistake with the number though, and it ended up as 80153....