Car moving by itself

aussiedingo09

Hi all,

Just got a digital set for my son and not sure what I'm doing wrong but the second car I programmed to the track is runs by itself slowly. Its programmed to the controller because when I touch the trigger it speeds up but if I take my finger off it still goes. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I tried programming it on the other colours with no luck. When you program the second car to the track do you program it on the track closet to the powerbase or the other track? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Andy P. is starting at the right quesiton. 

If this is Arc Pro or the C7042 wired advance power base, first try programming the car that moves to the controller that has been working fine. If the car does not move then it may be in the second controller. If the car moves then it may be in the car. Or possibly in the chip in the car (though I've never seen a chip that exhibits that symptom). 

If this is Arc Pro then you could turn off the controller where the car moves slowly and then try programming the contoller where you have no problem to the color on your powerbase that had given you trouble. If the car does 

If this is on the wired powerbase it may be the controller, just swap the working controller to the port on the power base you had the first car programmed to. Then test the car and see if it still moves. If it does not then the problem is most likely in the controller. 

Hopefully this gets you to a solution. If you can please reply with the type of Powerbase you have. 

Sounds like wired controller , not stopping all the way,  due to spring inside which sometimes works itself out through use.

There used to be a way to measure this but in the end did not really matter here.

And a car sometimes seems to maintain power for a very short time when placed on track which is also random.

• 4 months later...

Hello i just installed digital chips in 3 porsche 997 yellow, blue, red. I noticed once installed the cars sometimes run a little bit on there own and most of the time all three cars stutter on the track all the way round. Can someone please tell me why. Alex

Hello i just installed digital chips in 3 porsche 997 yellow, blue, red. I noticed once installed the cars sometimes run a little bit on there own and most of the time all three cars stutter on the track all the way round. Can someone please tell me why. Alex

Please create a new thread for this question.