Andy P.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

just brought my little lad an Arc Pro. Connected it to standard sport track. Chipped two cars.

got the cars going and controllers working well.  Cannot get the app to work with the cars?

have tried my pretty new iPad(sorry don't know the model) my boys Sony Experia tablet and my wife's Samsung S9, all show connected on the Arc unit. 

But clearly no Comms are working between track and device. Cannot calibrate cars and app does not see any movement on the track.

Cannot use any analog cars when it's switched over either? 

My little boy is Autistic and I thought this would tick all his boxes! Have to say we are an unhappy team sat in the pits right now.

please advise.... before it goes back to supplier.

should I bin the idea of digital and get an Air instead? They seem to work?

I haven't got any overtake sections or pits, does that make any difference?

has this product been launched without it being battle ready?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Hi Ron. ARC Pro should work pretty well. I don’t think the problem is device compatibility.

One thing that makes ARC Pro a little more complicated than ARC One and ARC Air is that up to six car can run at one time, It looks like you have successfully paired the cars with the controllers, but they must also be linked by colour inside the app. There are three connections to make - car, controller and app.

The easiest way to complete the three connections is to pair the two cars and controllers to red and green on the power base. These are the two colours on the left hand side. Then, when you open the app and are ready to set up two cars, the red and green ‘tiles’ come first. They are the defaults. You can tell the colour by the block of colour to the left of the driver/car information.

All three colours - car, controller and app - have to be the same for the app to recognise the car. If the car is set-up in the app as red, but is connected to the power base as, say, yellow, the car will go round the track fine with the yellow controller, but the app will be waiting patiently for the car linked to red to pass through the sensors. It will look like the app is not working, as you describe.

I hope that makes sense. Give it a go and fingers-crossed everything works okay. If not, there‘s one more thing to check - are the guides on your cars black? They must be black to trigger the sensors. If your ARC Pro still isn’t talking to the app, we can do a bit more trouble-shooting.

Hi Ron. ARC Pro should work pretty well. I don’t think the problem is device compatibility.

One thing that makes ARC Pro a little more complicated than ARC One and ARC Air is that up to six car can run at one time, It looks like you have successfully paired the cars with the controllers, but they must also be linked by colour inside the app. There are three connections to make - car, controller and app.

The easiest way to complete the three connections is to pair the two cars and controllers to red and green on the power base. These are the two colours on the left hand side. Then, when you open the app and are ready to set up two cars, the red and green ‘tiles’ come first. They are the defaults. You can tell the colour by the block of colour to the left of the driver/car information.

All three colours - car, controller and app - have to be the same for the app to recognise the car. If the car is set-up in the app as red, but is connected to the power base as, say, yellow, the car will go round the track fine with the yellow controller, but the app will be waiting patiently for the car linked to red to pass through the sensors. It will look like the app is not working, as you describe.

I hope that makes sense. Give it a go and fingers-crossed everything works okay. If not, there‘s one more thing to check - are the guides on your cars black? They must be black to trigger the sensors. If your ARC Pro still isn’t talking to the app, we can do a bit more trouble-shooting.

Thanks woodcote

very long story, upgraded iPad to latest iOS software, also tried another app. I did manage to get up and running.

however still could not get the analog cars to run. Went out and brought ARC Air as well. Have to say that works really well. Even managed to get the boys xperia going, but it drops off from time to time.Samsung phone wouldn’t work?

still having a few issues, but generally happy with the units, a great new concept to slot car racing.

I am now able to use your app on both units. I think that a better set of instructions would help In the future.

I would like some advice on tweaking the app. For example when in race mode with incidents set,on a large track set up, one lane slows down to pretty much stop. I cannot work out how to give that lane more power? I’ve tried to calibrate each racer and car, but it doesn’t work.

had to remove incidents on this race set up.

Thank you in advance, and thanks for a swift response.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that the Ipad 3 is in the compatability list so I went out and bought one second hand just for use with ARC Air but I am sorry to say the latest version of the app did not work .It connects but if I try to use the pace car the program closes .However I found it works like a dream with the older Legacy version so the compatibility list needs updating for the current version of the app .I am fine with the legacy version for now .

I tried the latest app on my wife's Ipad mini 4 and it works perfectly but my good lady is not keen on me using her expensive piece of kit to play car racing .

• 2 months later...

I just tried this on an Iphone X and I was very disappointed via the screen wastage. However, I think this might be due to the hi res of the iphone. Everything was way too small, hard to see, yet other videos show the info boxes filling up most of the screen. Installation went perfect.

Has anyone tried this with the iPhone Xs Max? I am curious of the bigger screen of the Max would suit the screen better? 

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone have any recommendations for a tablet, 10 inches in size, that works the best but most cost effective? I know this can be a tall order, but I only need this tablet for my track build and just not interested in using the tablet for anything else. I see the Kindle 10's seem to work from reading this thread, but since it is not on the list, kinda hesitant to go that route. I checked a few on the list and it seems that most of those models are out of date and difficult to find. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

I think the Fire 10HD is a good choice. I use the Fire 7 which is the same generation. They will run both the Fire OS version of the current app and the old Legacy app, which can both be found on the Amazon AppStore. Beware that the Fire 8HD is a new version and has problems with the new app - it runs the Legacy app with no problems and I believe the compatibility issue with the lastest app has been passed to the ARC app development team.

I also use a 2017 iPad 9.7 with ARC. It is more expensive than the Fire 10HD, but is a good value tablet, which you might end up using for a lot of other stuff too.

I think the Fire 10HD is a good choice. I use the Fire 7 which is the same generation. They will run both the Fire OS version of the current app and the old Legacy app, which can both be found on the Amazon AppStore. Beware that the Fire 8HD is a new version and has problems with the new app - it runs the Legacy app with no problems and I believe the compatibility issue with the lastest app has been passed to the ARC app development team.

I also use a 2017 iPad 9.7 with ARC. It is more expensive than the Fire 10HD, but is a good value tablet, which you might end up using for a lot of other stuff too.

Very nice. Yes, the Fire 7 (with Alexa without Special Offers) is only $64.99, which is affordable when the time comes. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an ARC Air set and tried my newest mobile phones  Blutooth 5.1 and Android 7.0 but

none worked with the power base. My son had an old Samsung Neo  Android 4.4 Kitkat and Bluetooth

4.0 got this to work fine using the ARC Legacy version .

Hi JohnHG,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the ARC app when using Andriod  7.0.

To date, I have only tried Apple iOS. In my case I have had 100% success with all variants of iphone and ipad that I had tried using the ARC APP. Well... except for cases were I have tried to use the pacer car function which has been a bit of a disappointment.. but the rest of the ARC app functionality has been truely amazing!

I am very interested in trying the Android app, too, and wonder what device you are using with Android 7.0 which is giving the problems?

C

Hi JohnHG,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the ARC app when using Andriod  7.0.

To date, I have only tried Apple iOS. In my case I have had 100% success with all variants of iphone and ipad that I had tried using the ARC APP. Well... except for cases were I have tried to use the pacer car function which has been a bit of a disappointment.. but the rest of the ARC app functionality has been truely amazing!

I am very interested in trying the Android app, too, and wonder what device you are using with Android 7.0 which is giving the problems?

C

Thanks for the reply. 

The mobile phone was my sons a Huawei model. I have a Highsense U972

which runs Android 5., also did not work. The old Samsung Galaxy Trend Neo works 100%. Used it a lot over the weekend and only stopped once when

ARC picked up a short on the track. I even manage to get my wife to race me

I used to race 1/24 scale club racing. Impressed with the ARC Air system

The Pace Car works well with Android and great feature.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having a nightmare trying to get the ARC app working on IOS iPhone 8 v13.3 or an old Ipad running v9.3.5. 

the phone displays the 'start race' and 'calibrate' buttons off the bottom of the screen. The iPad starts a race ok but doesn't then register any laps.

any guidance would be appreciated!

Hi Yellow Car - welcome to the forum!

I don't think you have a device compatibility issue. There is a known bug with the latest update for the iOS version of the ARC app which does lose those buttons in teh Calibration process. If you got the race started on the older iPad, that is good news (and interesting...) - not counting laps might be something else entirely. Have a look at this guide, it might help: slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide/preparation

An option is to use the older App Race Control (Legacy) app until the latest app is fixed. The legacy app is available for Apple, Android and Amazon Fire.

I hope that helps.